photo angle

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Esteemed Member

photo angle

Postby reptep » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:43 pm

I am writing to see if there is a way to take a layer (photo) and angle it. If you have a retangular photo, I want to try and take the left side of the photo and make it look like that portion of the photo is angled a little bit towards the "back" of the screen and the right side is angled more towards the screen. I have been fooling around with rotation angles but I don't want rotation. I want to take the picture and "angle" it on the left side. It would kind of makes the left side is a little smaller than the right side of the picture.

I hope that makes sense.

Thx
Todd

Re: photo angle

Postby obeeone » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:24 pm

G'day

You could manipulate it in a photo editing program and place it on a transparent background, then put it back in PSP as a layer.

Carl
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:01 am

I had tried what obe1 suggested with some success but their must be a better way.
Unchaining the x axis will not work as top and bottom work in unison.

I just had a go with modifier but could not find anything of use. Having said that, I discovered modifiers. Never bothered with them but I think they have their use and could be a great time saver.
regards.
pd

Postby heckydog » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:21 am

In a 2D app such as PSP there is no back or front. Only left, right, up, and down, which are your X and Y coordinates. Many attempts have been made to simulate depth in PSP but they never look like the real thing.

What obeeone suggested is one way to get around that limitation if you need a still photo that looks angled.

If you need it to move you would have to create a video in a 3D application then import it to PSP. I always recommend BluffTitler as a relatively inexpensive way to do that.

Joe

Postby compass » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:15 am

There used to be a free programme called instphotoshape classic that gave this effect but I cannot find it on the web any more. I do have the programme and would be willing to mail to you. I think this is legal as the programme was free.
Chris

Postby anitaemile » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:34 am

Todd
I you like to achieve that effect in PSP you will have to work with a mask shaped like an image with perspective . The image you use underneath it will show as it is, but you can stretch it a little ( unlocking the x and y and stretching the x zoom) to create the illusion of perspective. if you make a mask you can also make a white frame in Photoshop to go with it. . YOu can either make the white frame and put it on top, so you are able to apply shadow and bevel and emboss, or you can duplicate the mask ( make it white) and zoom it, and use it underneath the masked image.

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:40 pm

Thanks all for the ideas

Chris..on that program you have......can you use the manipulated photo in you do in that program in a PSP show? Does it have the angled look to it?

Todd

Postby compass » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:08 am

Hi Todd, The image is exported as a JPEG on a white background which you will have to crop in photoshop and save as a PSD file. Yes it can make the image appear as if looking down a passage and the wall getting smaller in the distance.
Chris

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:48 am

Do a Google search for instphotoshapec

It's still out there for downloading. Looking through the links, you'll see that it's been run through virus checkers to make sure it's clean, which it apparently is.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:29 am

Thanks all. Will download when I have some free time (is there such a thing) and check it out.
Will be interesting to see what it does

Todd

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:00 am

Tried to download from several sources with no luck.
regards.
pd

Postby cherub » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:20 am

There used to be also a program called PhotoShape that does a similar thing.
I see that the site is no longer available, but the program can still be downloaded from here:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia ... hape.shtml

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:34 am

Thanks Mona.

For whatever reason, it will not download. I am redirected to another site which than times out.
regards.
pd

Postby cherub » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:51 am

pd,

I don't know why that download doesn't work.

I have the program and I have uploaded it for you here:
https://www.yousendit.com/download/VnBw ... Q1JFQlE9PQ
This link will expire on May 5, 2011

It's a rather old program and I don't know if it works on Vista or Win7.
On XP it's perfect.

Hope it helps.

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:40 am

Chris/Mona
I hve downloaded the program and played a little bit with it. VERY COOL program.
But this is what I get onfused about.
It saves the file as a psp file type. I think I need to convert to jpeg or psd touse in PSP. It wouldn't let me save it any other way. Do I do that thru a file conversion program? Tried to ope in photoshop essentials but can't open that kind of file extension.

Thx
Todd

Next

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks