Ping Pong Style

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Esteemed Member

Ping Pong Style

Postby reptep » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:30 am

Got this style from somewhere..can't remember
Am trying to kind of duplicate this but with some changes on it. Would like to do my own but I can't figure this one out
It show 2 layers labeled as white squares. One is a mask and one isn't a mask.
I tried to duplicate this by adding a solid color, made square 720x720 and then make it the mask. Does not seem to give the same intensity to the picture, even after putting a border on it. SoI assume it has something to do with the second white square that isn't masked. But what is the white square? Is that something that was made in a photo editor and then made into a mask? Like I said, it doesn't give the same effect whn just adding a mask with a solid color
(I don't know how to capture the screen shot and put it in here) Will have to describe

Layer 1 White Square PNG Image and is masked to layer 2
Layer 2 Photo
Layer 3 White Square png image not masked
Layer 4 Duplicate picter of layer 2 (colorized)

Then of course KF's move the sqaure around the image until it expands into full color view.

I would also like to know how to save slide styles and transitions that I have downloaded from various places. Just bought external drive and want to save these in a safe spot but really not understanding how to do that

Thanks all. Hope you will be able to figure out

Todd

Re: Ping Pong Style

Postby im42n8 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:41 pm

I don't quite understand what you're trying to do exactly ... I'm don't know what is meant by ping-pong (which would let me know what you're trying to do).

However, layer 1 and 3 can be a white gradient or solid layer set to 720x720 and resized accordingly. As a white square, either can then be either a grayscale or alpha mask. Now, if layer 1 masks layer 2, the visible portion of the image will only occur wherever the image is directly below the white of the mask layer.

To have layer 2 follow layer 1, make sure the keyframes of both are in exactly the same time locations and each keyframe have exactly the same pan value. However, if the image is supposed to remain stationary while the mask layer moves around the screen, the pan values for that image will probably be the same as those of layer 4 (So, as the mask moves around the screen, the "colorized" version will seem to have a normal colored region moving around on it).

Now, layer 3 can move around freely (depending on the size you've given it relative to the layer 1 (which is being used as a mask) if that's what you want to do.

As I understand it, layer 4 is a colorized version of layer 2. Presumably, Layer 2 and layer 4 are exactly the same size and scale (that is, if both images were occupying the same exact location - if you turned off layer 2 the only differency you would see would be the color change).

I'm not sure how layer 3 plays here. It will probably move around and "bounce" off the normal "color" square portion of the image. At some point then, I'm presuming that that the layer 1 will suddenly increase in zoom value until the entire normal image color is seen on-screen. I'm just taking a WAG (wild-assed-guess) here. There are a number of similar ways to create a "ping-pong" effect.

You can save slide styles and transitions you have obtained by placing them somewhere easy to find on your hard drive (that is, in their own folder(s)). Just create a folder or set of folders somewhere on your hard drive and copy the styles/transitions to the appropriate folder. They're just files and should be treated no differently (for storage purposes). Then, back them up somewhere by copying their folders to a new disk (hard drive or DVD).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:00 pm

Dale
Ping Pong just meant that eh square does like the old pong movement on the screen.
Let me read this indepth response (which I REALLY appreciate) and see if I can figure this out. Hope you don't mind if I repond with more questions about this

Question now though...When I pull the Proshow Producer files on my hard drive it seams like none of the sytles and/or transitions I have made or downloaded from others are in the list. Trying to back them up but don't see the ones I made or downloaded from others. I named one 3 D Carosel and it's not their. I look at the PSP style list and there are appx 1000 of them but when I pull the syltes file under Producer it only shows 459. So trying to find the rest of them

Thanks
Todd

Postby obeeone » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:32 pm

G'day Todd

You should be able to go into "styles" then select the "manage styles" button highlight the complete list and then hit the "Export" button and select where you want to export them all to.

Carl.
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:23 am

Carl
How easy that. Embarassed I didn't figure that out

Thank you.

Postby eagle-for » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:31 am

Hi All,
I'm newer than new to PSP and the forum. Some where I don't know where I got a PSP show that is titled" Demo (3)" It has 8 pic of British Actors and they bounce about like a ping pong ball. The two in the middle just go up and down in the center of the frame, the six on the sides go across the screen, pass in the middle and then go to the oppoosite corner. I have tried to find where I got it...I don't download from many places I thought it was from here. Anyway I can't figure out how it is done...the verbage on the file talks about new PhotoDex Possiblities...any help would be greaaaattt.
Thanks
cal

Postby im42n8 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:05 pm

Cal,

Being new to Producer, you'll want to learn keyframing and masking. Keyframing is essential to understanding how to make things move around where and when you want them too. Masking is essential to making certain effects easily... but to get the most out of them you need to understand keyframes.

Until then, you will probably be lost in any but the most simplest explanations . . . or very frustrated. Start out with a small project, simple movements and simple masks, Move the items around on the screen, together and separately. Add keyframes and change the pan settings. See what happens. Eventually, it'll all click for you and then explanations about things moving around on the screen will seem much simpler and easier to understand.

And, one final tip: Have fun! :D

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks