image transition

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

image transition

Postby kojaysnana » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:55 pm

Hi All,

I know that in order to keep my text from transitioning into the next slide, I can click the little ""t" button, but how do I keep my images from transitioning to the next slide. There are times when that is ok for me but most times, not. Right know, I open up the keyframe editor and pull the slider back a little at the end of my image. Is this the only way to prevent that from happening?

Thanks for any help
Karen

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: image transition

Postby briancbb » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:04 am

Karen wrote:but how do I keep my images from transitioning to the next slide.

Not quite sure I am with you here, but is it as simple as changing the transition between slides (the little box with the default 3.0 in it) to a 'Cut', by clicking on the transition. Changing the value 3.0 to 0.0 will also produce a cut transition.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby cherub » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:33 am

kojaysnana wrote:Hi All,

I know that in order to keep my text from transitioning into the next slide, I can click the little ""t" button, but how do I keep my images from transitioning to the next slide. There are times when that is ok for me but most times, not. Right know, I open up the keyframe editor and pull the slider back a little at the end of my image. Is this the only way to prevent that from happening?

Thanks for any help
Karen

You are doing the right thing.
When you are in Motion Effects, and look beneath your two screens, you will see your timeline for that slide. It is divided in 3 parts: Transition In, your slide, Transition Out. The transitions are marked with a brighter color.
When you stand with your mouse on each layer you will see when each layer goes into the Transition Out.
So yes, if you don't want any of your layers in the slide to take part in the transition, you should move each and every layer into the time of the slide - more or less, up to the MIDDLE of the Transition Out .
However, you should be aware that the slide background will always be seen throughout the transition, no matter what you do.

As to your method of preventing captions from going into the transition.
By pressing on that "t' button, all you are doing is telling Producer to make that caption on top of the transition.
That is not the correct way. You should do the same thing as I explained above about layers.
Just do it in Caption Motion. You will see there that captions have keyframes too, and what appears during the transition is because the last keyframe of that caption is during the transition time.

Postby im42n8 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:07 am

Adding to Mona's excellent notes, you can make those changes on multiple layers at a time in the multiple keyframe editor. In this way, you can select multiple keyframes and then make them all align to each other all at once or set to a specific time. This can save lots of work and you should be able to do it to both captions and non-caption layers.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:35 am

Doh, thanks Mona, I now see what Karen means. Old age doesn't come without the gremlins.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby cherub » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:57 am

briancbb wrote:Doh, thanks Mona, I now see what Karen means. Old age doesn't come without the gremlins.

Brian,
It's not the old age, and not the gremlins. :D
Sometimes I think that being a foreigner, and not a native speaker of English, has its advantages.
I can understand what a person wants to say even before he said it . :D :D :D :D

Postby kojaysnana » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:28 pm

Thanks all,
@ Brian, I don't always express what Iam trying to say well.
@ Mona and Dale, Thanks for the responses and explanations, Dale help me out please, how can I do it all at one time because it is time consuming!!!

Thanks everyone so much..one day I'll be able to help out in some way.

Karen

Postby im42n8 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:42 pm

I'm not at home right now so I don't have it to refer to. However, in the Motion effects tab, the 3rd from the bottom selection in the upper center right should give you a button to go into the multi-keyframe editor (if I remember correctly). It's below the "copy to next" and "copy from previous" keyframe buttons (where you copy the settings of one keyframe to the other). This should open a completely new window. The right part shows all of your layers and all of their keyframes. Then you can click on a keyframe and then shift-click (or control-click) on a keyframe in another layer to select each at the same time. In this way, you can select many keyframes (all on different layers) that you can then align together. In this case, you would hover the cursor over a keyframe that you want the others to align to or any keyframe and then select a specific time (and then hit enter). All keyframes with then align accordingly. Saves lots of time.

SHORT CUT: Ctrl-K

Dale
Last edited by im42n8 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby kojaysnana » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:36 pm

OK, thanks, I am going to check that out now...

Karen

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks