PC Executable settings

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

PC Executable settings

Postby petles » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:02 am

Are there any recommended output settings for Rendering, etc, for viewing on a 1920x1200 monitor. I understand some settings will increase .exe file size and maybe cause PSP some grief on slower computers, but to get the best balance of image quality and file size is there one 'best' setting?

I usually leave settings at default, 800x600 I think, but when I increased to 1920x1200 the transitional images sections became more 'blocky' in parts although the image quality and caption clearness certainly improved.

Recently I've been using 1920x1200 px images and getting a 16x9 output.

Am I overloading the system ?.

Peter

Re: PC Executable settings

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:30 am

I'm not an expert in this area, but I'm wondering if the poor-quality transitions might be caused by the fact that any images Photodex includes in their transitions tend to be low resolution, and so when you expand the resolution of your output, your own images do fine, but theirs don't because they can't support that kind of size. No doubt there's someone here who's more knowledgeable about this and can give you more detailed help.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby rivers2run » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:54 pm

You might try 1024x768 (assuming 4:3 show) that gave me a pretty good balance between performance and quality.

Postby petles » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:54 am

Thanks for replies. This av is 16x9 format from 1920x1200 images.
So if a series of slides of .5 sec with transitions of, say, 4 sec then I am likely to see a problem during the transitions.
Therefore I need to reduce quality/size of my images. Pity.
OK. Thank you.

Postby rivers2run » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:38 pm

Let the PSG reduce them, you will need larger photos for panning and zooming. I have producer I tell everyone to send full resolution the higher the resolution the more I can do with them. Producer will do the downsizing when the final show is rendered.

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks