backrounds

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Esteemed Member

backrounds

Postby reptep » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:08 pm

Have run into an issue I haven't encountered yet
Have dragged photos into a slide for about 4 layers.
Have put a photo frame on the slide also.
All 5 layers are checked marked to show the photo/frame
When I try to move/resize the layers, all I can see is THAT layer
So...I can't see the photo and frame together in order to size the photo to the frame. Everything else is black.
So when I click a layer, that's all I can see
I checked my backround tabe and it is turned off so there is no backround on that slide.
I have to be able to see everything to size cvorrectly.
What did I possible click that is causing that problem?

Thank you
Todd

Re: backrounds

Postby cherub » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:41 pm

Hi Todd,

1. In Motion Effects, RIGHT click on one of the screens. Check your settings.
These are my settings:

The active layer is the layer that you select each time, by putting your mouse on it, while all the other layers are shown a bit darker.
If it's easier for you, you could change that to "Show inactive layers" and then you will see all the layers. Personally I prefer to see a difference between active layers and inactive layers.

2. Black is the ProShow default background of any show and any slide. Even if you don't insert a background, you will still see that black.
Sometimes it's easier to see things if you change the slide background to something more neutral. I work with light blue, for example.
Slide > Background > Background Type > Put a checkmark on Override slide background for this slide
Solid Color > Press on Set and choose something else instead of that black.

Hope this helps
Last edited by cherub on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Esteemed Member

Re: backrounds

Postby reptep » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:49 pm

Mona Mona Mona
THANK YOU very much. I had the hide inactive layers checked marked. So I unchecked that to show all layers and it worked. Gosh I knew it was something I clicked on at some point. Just haven't run across it before and looked everywhere I could. I thought that once you had all of the layers checked in the layer's area they should show up.
Now I know for next time

Again , Thank for your detailed and quick response.

Todd

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks