Transparent Background

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Transparent Background

Postby longiron07 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:28 am

Does anyone know of a way to create a slide that has a transparent background? I would like to create a flash file that contains only snowflakes, etc. that I can overlay on a video. Thanks In Advance

Re: Transparent Background

Postby debngar » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:57 am

Not sure if I understand you correctly. There is no way to create a transparent slide with Producer because every show essentially has a static "background". But you can make an B&W image or video clip layer of snow transparent to layer over other layers in a slide for your slide show made in Producer.

Insert the image or video as a layer over your video in the slide. Remove the black area with the Chroma Key. Pan and zoom the snow over your slide if it's a still image. If it's a loopable video clip then click the box for "Looping" option to loop video until end of the slide. Slide>Video Settings tab.

If the Chroma Key tool doesn't give you results you like, an alternative is to dupe the layer over itself and make the top layer a greyscale mask. Both layers need the same placement and movement settings to line up and the mask will hide the black area surrounding the snow. That should do it.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby just4fun » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Can we now use flash files?
Vivian

Postby debngar » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:58 pm

by just4fun on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:52 pm
Can we now use flash files?

I don't know what you mean by that. Producer can output to flash. If you wish to insert an ".flv" flash file inside your show, I doubt that. But I've never bothered to try it.

Read the information regarding supported input and output file types for Producer here:
http://www.photodex.com/support/resourc ... s/producer
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby longiron07 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:46 pm

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I'll give it a try...MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Esteemed Member

Postby just4fun » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:03 pm

Deb, Yes, that is what I meant. I have only had 4.5 for a couple of weeks and before that only 3.1 but I did not think it was possible. I would think that a person would have to use code. I have some that I made a couple of years ago for my website and I have always wanted to use them in a show. A couple, I have recreated with layers but I have a "tunnel" that is made out of a photo. I have another program that has a tunnel, but you cannot insert your own phote so it still does not give me the effect that I wanted. I did notice that we can now create a "flash" but have not tried it and did not know if it produces the code. I thought, maybe if we can go one way, we may now be able to go the other. Still exploring.
Vivian

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks