Two songs.. fade one out and the other in?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
sdeese

Two songs.. fade one out and the other in?

Postby sdeese » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:56 am

I am brand new to PSP. I would like to use two different songs in my slide show. I need to play song A for about 1:30 (about half of it) and then fade it out and fade in song B. Both songs are in .mp3 format.

1. How do I do this?
2. Can PSP still provide the slide timing for the "combined" audio?

Thank you to anyone who ventures to help this newbie out!

Stephen

Re: Two songs.. fade one out and the other in?

Postby heckydog » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:34 am

In Timeline mode, (TAB key) place the first song on the timeline below your slides. Hover your mouse over the waveform and press and hold the CTRL key. You will see an outline with handles on the ends and corners. You can manipulate those handles to change the volume, change the length, and change the fade in and fade out. If you click anywhere inside of the control area you can move the entire audio file forward and backward.

Once that's adjusted add the 2nd song and do the same thing. Adjusting the songs has no affect on the slide timing.

Joe

Valued Member

Postby NLAlston » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:31 pm

heckydog wrote:In Timeline mode, (TAB key) place the first song on the timeline below your slides. Hover your mouse over the waveform and press and hold the CTRL key. You will see an outline with handles on the ends and corners. You can manipulate those handles to change the volume, change the length, and change the fade in and fade out. If you click anywhere inside of the control area you can move the entire audio file forward and backward.

Once that's adjusted add the 2nd song and do the same thing. Adjusting the songs has no affect on the slide timing.

Joe

I know that this is a matter which was addressed nearly a year ago but, hopefully, someone might be able to supply an answer for me.

Does the above also apply to 'cross-fading'? It isn't often, but there are times when I might want to fade a song in - at a point where another song is fading out. I've not had the opportunity to try what I wish to achieve, after reading the above, as I am in bed right now - with the IPad. I have been fading In & out with audio files, without a problem, but it has always been with files that butted up against one another - not with the respective outros & intros slightly overlapping.
BLESSINGS,
Nathan
(PSP7)

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:45 pm

Yes Nathan, the above method can be used to overlap the soundtracks and to produce a fade out of the first and a fade in of the second.

Brian
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Valued Member

Postby NLAlston » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:15 am

briancbb wrote:Yes Nathan, the above method can be used to overlap the soundtracks and to produce a fade out of the first and a fade in of the second.

Brian

Thanks, Brian. That's good to know.
BLESSINGS,
Nathan
(PSP7)

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks