Colors

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Esteemed Member

Colors

Postby reptep » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:54 pm

Is there a way to take a color that is in a picture and match that to , let's say, a solid backround. I thought I overheard, at the conference, that you could drag a color from a picutre and duplicate it onto something else, like a backround.
Thx y'all

Todd

Re: Colors

Postby dickmr » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Hi. Here is a way that you can find the color (hex number) of any part of a picture. Once you know the number you can then duplicate that color (solid color) as a background in ProShow Producer.

First, go to the web address below and download the tiny .exe program named 'ColorPix'. Since its an .exe file, it
doesn't need to be installed...just double click it to open it. First you should open your picture in an image editor (i.e. PhotoShop, Paint Shop Pro, Paint.Net etc). Then open up ColorPix...set it with the + to always be 'on top' and click on the magnifier drop down to use a higher zoom (i.e. 500%). Then as you move your mouse over your picture, you will see the numbers change according to what is under your cursor. Write down the RGB or HEX numbers or letters that relate to your color...you will use that in ProShow.

In ProShow, in layers, you can click on + to add a layer/background. Choose to 'Add Solid Color'. The 'Create Solid Color' windows comes up. Choose 'Set' and you will see the circle of colors and tabs at the bottom of that which say 'RGB' and 'HEX'. Click on either one and insert the number which will relate to your color...you'll immediately see your color in the preview window. Click 'OK' and you'll have a solid color layer which is the same as you picked.
Have fun.

http://www.colorschemer.com/colorpix_info.php

Postby GregGp » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:53 pm

There is a way to replicate a color from a picture and place it on the background, I'll try and walk you through it. Double click the slide you wish to change the background. Select the slide tab. Select the background tab.Under background select the box to override the show background for this slide. For the type select solid background. Right click the set button, the color wheel will pop up. Right click the eye dropper and position it over the color on the photo you wish to replicate. Right click at that spot and it should capture the color. Right click the set color box in the upper right hand corner of the the wheel. Select okay on the slide options tab and you should have it. Hope this helps!

Greg
GregGp

Postby dickmr » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:09 pm

Thanks Greg, thats a better way, since you stay right within ProShow and don't have to open up the picture.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Studio7Productions » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:48 am

Brilliant!
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:24 pm

Greg
Thank you. That was what I was looking for. Whoever it was at the conference ran through that so quick I wasn't able to follow it....or I just didn't have enough coffee..Thanks again!!

Todd

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:24 am

Tiny correction: You don't have to right-click the eye-dropper. Left-clicking works just fine.

The easy way for me is to use a Solid Color in the background with the rest of the process pretty much like Greg's.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:39 am

GReg
I just now got around to playing with this. I can't seem to get it to work.
I get the color wheel up but my eye dropper will only move within the triangle. I can't pull it over to the slide to match the color I want. I rt and lft click, no difference. I try both they eye dropper in the triangle and the round dropper on the wheel, no luck. I try it when I have it set on HEX and RGB and I still can't seem to move the dropper over to the slide to match the color in the picture. Am I missing somehitng easy??

Thx
Todd

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:42 am

Greg
Never mind. So sorry. I wasn't clicking on the right thing. I was clicking on the round cirlces instead of the eye dropper. DER Thank you. That's exactly what I needed

Todd

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks