Converting .psa msuic files

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Valued Member

Converting .psa msuic files

Postby BSZ » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:52 am

It seems it is very hard to find software to convert Photodex's music files (.psa) from their media source kits into more workable mp3, wav or even wma. I was hoping to use their royalty free music in a mix of a presentation I'm putting together. I have a more clear idea how to edit and mix using ProTools than trying to understand the limited (as it currently appears to me) capabilities of mixing tracks with PSP.

I have laid music as one track. I have placed a V/O in the "Sounds". I have tried several machinations of trying to work the music to fade to a lower level within about a second of when the v/o comes in but have not been able to coordinate this to my satisfaction. I've done the "Control" click for a fade but it fades it out - I'm only looking to fade down and sustain it down and then bring it back up when closing a chapter - then fading it down again.

If this can be done on PSP, and I'm just missing it, I would certainly love to be enlightened.

Re: Converting .psa music files

Postby debngar » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:12 am

They're not meant to be converted or used in any other fashion except for use in ProShow productions probably because of the arrangements they have with the license with the copyright holder.

You can find some of the selections on other royalty free music sites but it will cost you anywhere from $30-$60 just for one song in an mp3 or wav file instead of a proprietary file format.

The program's simple music editor allows the user to take pieces off the front and back end but not the middle. I've successfully used pieces of a short song by Kevin MacLeod 6 times for an entire show by selecting certain sections, chopping the front and back ends off and fading and out in where necessary. It's not the best music editor but it works for me. That song had segments that made it easy to do that though. Other songs are probably not as easy for that kind of editing.

Hopefully, someone will have the solution you're looking for. :roll:
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks