Daisy Chain multiple shows to a Project

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Daisy Chain multiple shows to a Project

Postby scubafish » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:26 am

When creating an executable output file within PSP one can take multiple shows within a project and have them play one after each other without having to manually open the subsequent shows in between. This is accomplished by triggering the last slide of each show to go to the "Next Show".

My question is when generating a video file (i.e. mp4, .wmv, .mpg etc.) from a project (multiple shows) PSP only creates the first show and does not daisy chain the others to form one combined single show like the executable situation mentioned above.

What is the method or process to accomplish this need?
Last edited by scubafish on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Daisy Chain multiple shows to a Project

Postby im42n8 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:37 am

Have you tried Play All? Each show will be played in turn, starting with the first.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby scubafish » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:42 am

Dale,
Creating an executable works fine and the results are great... The question relates to creating a video file (.mpg, .mp4, .wmv etc.) "Play All" is not an option because PSP will only render the first show in the project without the daisy chain to the second, third and forth show of the project.

I think my work around here is to spend a lot of time to compile a SINGLE show with ALL the slides from all four shows but that seems to defeat the purpose of using "Projects". Does that make sense?

Postby im42n8 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Oh heck, you're right.
I have run into that too.

You could put out a Flash show of MPEG4 type and create a menu with that. You're stuck with MPG4 tho for the video type of the size you specify (if you don't select flv).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).

Postby scubafish » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Dale,

Maybe...
I really wanted to click play ONCE since this is a show played for an audience of 50 +/- people. The 4 shows would then play one after the other (with a 3 second black screen delay in between) without clicking the menu in between each show. This works slick as an executable playing one show after another until completed.

Postby im42n8 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:49 pm

No, you create the MPG4 file and it contains all the menu items you specify. One of those is play all or loop all. Each show should then play after the last one. You just have to define them in the menu you create. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I've done this method before (multi-show MGP4 via Flash creation).

Dale

Postby scubafish » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:46 am

Well you got me there Dale...

I have to admit that I've never tried created a show using the Flash creation option; I'll give it a try this evening.

When you say: You just have to define them in the menu you create, is this done and defined the same way as creating an executable? Or are you saying to create each show individually FIRST as mpg4 and then attach them in order using the Flash creation option?

Postby im42n8 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:18 pm

When I did it, I defined the horiz and vert pixel dimensions and the number of frames, selected MPG4, identified in the menu what kind of menu I wanted, made sure each show in the project was identified, made sure the menu selections were what I wanted, including Captioning, saved the menu (so I wouldn't have to recreate it in case I had to try a copy agin), and off I went.

I ended up with a single MPG4 file . . . if I remember correctly.

Dale

Postby scubafish » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:49 am

This option worked and we were able to render out an entire show using flash. Each show is rendered out individually but linked to each other by playing the first show. Well done Dale! Thanks for the tip...

Postby dnealious » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:14 pm

So if I want to make a SINGLE video ISO file that plays as one slide show (no multiple choice in the menu), I can not do that? I'm here on the forum looking for an answer.

I don't want the wedding client to pick through from a menu. I'm with some one who asked, what the point of "projects" if you can't combine it into one show?

Thanks,

Don N.
Don Nealious

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:15 am

Don

Yes you can.

When you create output from your Project you will have a windows open 'Create Executable' (or similar). This window will have 'tabs', Menus, Shows, Options, etc. Select the 'Shows' tab and by clicking the + sign (lower left) ensure that all the shows you want included are added and listed.

This will give you one continuous shows in your required output format.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby dnealious » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:19 am

Thanks. Did I miss that in some previous post on this thread? If so, I apologize for you having to repeat it.
Don Nealious

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:14 pm

Don

I seem to remember saying something similar in the recent (last three months) in another thread. Don't ask me which thread, I'm getting old and forgetful now :lol: . It may be the case that I'm dreaming I said it before. :roll:
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby newtcruiser » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:56 pm

Hi Brian

I have a project with 4 shows. I would like to create a video file so it can be played as a data file on our PS3 system. I have done this before with many shows and it works like a charm. My question is can it be done when you have more than 1 show? It seems that when you output to video file it only picks up one of the project shows, even if they are all opened. I figure it can't be done, but you never know???????

Linda

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:32 pm

Now I'm embarrased Linda :oops:

Video file output is an output I never use, and you are so right it does not go to the create output screen with the Tabs to enable all shows to be included. I had never noticed this before. I have only used DVD and Executable.

Perhaps someone knows an answer as to why Video output is different.
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Next

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks