Moving caption across multiple slides

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Bluegiraffe

Moving caption across multiple slides

Postby Bluegiraffe » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:44 am

Apologies if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find exactly what I wanted in a thread search.

I would like to have panning text continue it's path over multiple slides as a constant element, while slides fade to the next in transition.

If anyone can point me in the correct direction the help will be appreciated.

Esteemed Member

Re: Moving caption across multiple slides

Postby moehler » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:58 am

Since you're using Producer, I think the easiest way would be to lengthen the slide length to accommodate the number of slide you were planning and then set keyframes and transitions for the content to acheive the effect you are looking for.

It may not be a perfect solution, but I think that is the only option you have. It is similar to what I was doing on the show I discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16791.

Bluegiraffe

Postby Bluegiraffe » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:24 pm

That might work if I can apply transitions between layers.
ie use layers to represent slides within a slide. Each layer would have a start keyframe and an end keyframe to create movement then transition to the next layer.
Is that possible ? or do transitions between layers have to be created manually ?

Esteemed Member

Postby moehler » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Each layer can have a transition in and transition out. If the keyframes were aligned correctly, you would get something close.

Bluegiraffe

Postby Bluegiraffe » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:05 am

Thanks, I tried it last evening and got it working. A little bit rough, but I reckon I can refine it.

It would be so much easier if there were a seperate timeline (in addition to slide captions) similar to the sound timeline.

Esteemed Member

Postby moehler » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:27 am

That is great news. I look forward to seeing it in action.

Bluegiraffe

Postby Bluegiraffe » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:23 pm

The results are at

http://www.photodex.com/share/Paddytheb ... e/66kb8mg4

Still a bit rough around the edges but it's a start, and for some reason the second image layer in the first slide does not show unless you right click and select 'play' again.

Esteemed Member

Postby moehler » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:13 am

Very nice start. It looks very commercial.

Postby JLAA » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:38 am

This is quite easy to achieve by setting up your separate pictures as individual slides, then setting up the caption in slide 1. Then You can use the slide caption copying over facilities to put the caption into the next slide. If you set up the caption motion in each slide you can match the caption motion position from slide to slide. The result looks like you have one caption throughout. You can also use the full range of transitions between slides.

John

Bluegiraffe

Postby Bluegiraffe » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:14 pm

Thanks John,

That's exactly what I was looking for, a lot neater than keyframes, plus I can use any transition between slides.

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks