video masks: how does it works?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
luckyone

video masks: how does it works?

Postby luckyone » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:28 am

hello, I m new here at this forum. I will start using PSP and I'm wondering how to make videomasks. Can somebody give me an easy way explanation about it? Or is there some free stuff that I can use for my first excercise?
I've read on the web that you must have 2 kinds of videofiles (one with a color and one with blach and white) It concerns always an alpha file... Oh my God, it 's hard to get started. I was used to PSG but that was too limited for me.
Thanks in advance!

Re: video masks: how does it works?

Postby cherub » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:50 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I'm not sure that I understand your question.
Do you have a video already and you want to make a mask for it? or are you asking because you think that you need one? Can you please give more details.

Video Alpha masks are not made in Producer. They are made in other 3rd party applications and just inserted in Producer.

But perhaps that you don't need a video mask, but rather just a mask?

Postby im42n8 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:48 pm

As Mona stated, they're created in the video application. Not all can do it. I know Premiere Pro can. You'll have to review the application itself to find out how it's done.

The alpha channel can be extracted as a separate video file that then can be used to mask out (or make transparent) certain sections of the video.

Producer does not have the capability to recognize these alpha channels that are embedded in a video. However, as a separate video, it can be used as a grayscale mask of the video from which it was extracted.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

luckyone

Postby luckyone » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:36 am

Thanks for your reactions.

Can you tell me how I can make a videofile to import in PP to make a mas with it?

Other questions are:
- can I make transtions in version 4?
- Can I get some free styles or can I make some new my own?
- What are all the slide styles packages? Do I have to buy them or can I get some free trials of other members here?

Sorry, but it's all new for me and I have to learn a lot of!

thank you in advance.

Postby im42n8 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:47 am

Videos can be created within Producer and then imported for use by it as well. A Nonlinear editor (NLE) such as Premiere Elements can be used to create and edit videos. Alpha masks in videos must be extracted using a NLE.

Transitions in Producer earlier than v4.5 are available by using effects in Styles (not for use between slides but within them). V4.5 and later let you create your own transitions for use between slides.

Look in the Members Created section and in the ProShow Market place sections of this forum for styles and such. Some are free some aren't. A number of vendors (myself included) have a wide variety of styles available as packages or separately.

Check out the tutorials sections of this forum for tutorials. Some of the vendors also have tutorials as well. Most are free.

You have lots to learn and it won't happen over-night. Take your time and learn the basics. Those will carry you far for when you get into the more complicated stuff.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks