Blurring between images

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
corrie

Blurring between images

Postby corrie » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm having a problem with copying the end of one slide to the next. Despite clicking the 'Copy end to next slide (all layers)', I'm getting a blurring effect - due I think to the copy image being out of register with the end of the previous slide. I've checked the motion effects figures between the end slide and the new one and they are the same.

Any ideas?

With thanks

Corrie :D

Re: Blurring between images

Postby anitaemile » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:57 pm

Corrie
Do you mean you copied all layers ( and keyframes) to the next slide? If so, is there , or are there, any mask layers that are copied to the next slide also? If so you need to apply them as mask to the image(s) they were applied to in the original slide. You will see the original mask layer as a regular layer after copying it to the next slide

Postby debngar » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:45 pm

If making sure matching the end of one to the start or the next doesn't help, be sure you the next slide doesn't immediately go into some kind of motion. Essentially the second slide needs to be static (not moving) to not be blurred.

Is it possible to have accidentally selected one of the newer transitions that has a blur effect to it? Better to use a cut transition with "0" seconds in between. That's sort of an old "PSGold" trick but might help as well.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

corrie

Postby corrie » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:45 pm

Hi Anita and Debbie,

Many thanks for your responses.

Anita I hope you got my thanks for your previous assistance, it was spot on. I haven't a clue though what you are on about re:masks, I'm still new to this wonderful programme.

Debbie, you solved my problem for me. I had a normal A/B transition with a time of 2 seconds. I zeroed this and that did the job, (I also changed the transition to a 'cut' just to be on the safe side).

Thanks you so much ladies, you are the TOPS!

Best wishes

Corrie :D

Postby debngar » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:56 pm

Corrie,

Become more skilled with Producer and key framing and you'll learn to add an extra key frame at the end of a slide with same start and end settings to achieve that "pause" instead of needing an extra "dupe" static image slide afterward. This achieves the same results but with less slides. With PSGold, the user must use two slides to accomplish the same thing because there is no ability to add more key frames to a slide like Producer. Gold essentially has 2 key frames in each slide, the start and end motion.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks