How do I slow down text zoom?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
corrie

How do I slow down text zoom?

Postby corrie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:08 am

Hi Folks,

I want to zoom some text into my screen, but the speed at which it expands is too quick. Is there a way of slowing it down? I have just got text to stay on a screen a bit longer using a change in keyframes, but that is about the limit of my knowledge at present.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards to all

Corrie :D

Re: How do I slow down text zoom?

Postby bonalymac » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:18 am

The simplest way is just to increase the timing of your slide. If its a 3 second slide, make it 6 seconds and see if that's better. Experiment till you like it.

If your slide is a bit more complex, then there are other things that can be done. But from the tone of your question, I'm guessing that the simple answer may be what you need.

Good luck, and let us know if that's not enough
Colin

Postby im42n8 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:07 am

While increasing the timing of your slide will work to slow down the zoom speed, that's not always going to be a valid option.

Keyframes is how you're going to need to learn to do it right. You don't say much about what you're trying to do so I'll have to get a bit long winded...

The amount of time between your keyframes is going to determine how fast the zoom of kf1 to the zoom of kf2 is going to occur.

The amount of zoom is another factor. Going from 100% to 200% is going to go slower in the same amount of time as going from 100% to 500%. So, you may have to change the amount of zoom.

Together (time between keyframes and amount of zoom between the keyframes), these are going to determine how fast your apparent zoom is. Hope that helps.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

corrie

Postby corrie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi Folks,

Thank you for your input. The text that I am zooming uses the standard 'fly in' text effect. Lengthening the time of display does just that, but there is no apparent difference to the zoom speed of the text. I guess I'm going to have to live with it, but I do appreciate your time in relying to me.

Best wishes

Postby anitaemile » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:44 pm

Corrie
If you change the fly in effect to "none"( so remove effects) you can determine your own zoom . Set keyframe 1 and 2 so that from kf 1 your text is small, and at kf2 the text reached your desired zoom. Now you can add kf 3 and keep the values for panns, zooms etc. all the same. Moving kf 2 farther apart from kf1 determines the speed of zoom.
If you like the specific effect of a zoom in , pull the effect ( bracket) further onto the scrub bar.

corrie

Postby corrie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:25 pm

YOU'RE THE MAMMA ANITA! Not exactly sure how I did it but I achieved my goal of a slow zoom for the on-screen text thanks to your sage advice.

I had other problems copying the end of the slide to the next one - all sorts of small changes seemed to creep in, however I got it sorted in the end.

These forums, and the people who so freely contribute their time and expertise to them is heart-warming.

Hope you aren't offended by my initial outburst, I am a quite sedate Englishman as a rule.

Best wishes to all

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks