Adding Text to a Video?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Adding Text to a Video?

Postby kayone » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:56 am

I have a video that is 60 seconds long. (after trimming)

I would like to add a title in the video that plays just the first 10 seconds. How do I do that?

kayone

Re: Adding Text to a Video?

Postby im42n8 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:56 am

Go to the captions tab on slide options dialog. Add your caption. Go to the Caption Motion tab. Set your keyframes at the desired times accordingly (when to appear and when to disappear). Then set the transition in and out times on each keyframe (and/or the type of transition) so the text appears/disappears in a fashion to your liking.

You could go to the caption motion tab directly and add the caption there too if you want. There are a few things on the caption settings tab that let you do some additional settings that aren't available in the caption motion tab. No problem.

Once you've created your caption you can then go between the two tabs and customize to your hearts content. Set position, size, color, etc.

Simple and quick.

Good luck!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby kayone » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:49 am

Dale,

I am able to set where the text appears on the video, but I am having trouble to stop it where I want. It just plays the entire video.

What am I missing?
Vic

Postby im42n8 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:41 am

?!!!

Your caption cannot keep playing if it's 1st keyframe is at 0s and the last keyframe is at 10s and your video goes from 0s to 60s! The caption should simply disappear at its last keyframe.

So, let's assume you want the caption to fade in at the beginning of the video and assume the video starts playing at 0s and is 1m in length (i.e., longer than the desired display time of the caption). Then, the caption kf1 is at 0s with a fade in transition of 1s in length. Caption kf2 is then set to 12 sec with a 1s fade out time. This gives a 10s display time with a 1s fade time at each end. If you want only a 10s caption, including fade in/out, then set kf2 at 10s.

These settings are made in the slide options dialog Caption Motion tab.

Dale
Last edited by im42n8 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Ron » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi Kayone
Maybe a visual will help.
Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby kayone » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:23 am

Ron and Dale,

I got it !!!!!

I had been dragging the time line rather than the KF markers.

Hey, that is a really cool feature. You both have opened up a whole new world of keyframes.
Thank you so much !

Vic

Postby Ron » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:01 am

Hi Vic
I thought this may help you get your head around keyframes a little bit..
http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14959&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=what+is+a+keyframe
Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks