Newbee Needs Help!

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Newbee Needs Help!

Postby Azbill10 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:45 am

Greetings All...

I'm relatively new to ProShow Producer and really like most features, but am somewhat overwelmed. I'm trying to create a show for an Awards presentation. I'd like to have a slide (or multiple if necessary) with a fixed Title Caption (eg: "5 Year Service Awards"). Under the title, a name would pan in from the right, pause for a second or two, then move to the bottom-left of the slide and stop. After another second, the next name would pan in and repeat the operation, stacking on top of the first name. This would continue until all names were presented (30-40) and stacked across the bottom of the slide.

I've played with this a bit with multiple layers in Captions, but can't figure out how to use the Keyframes properly. Am I on the right track here or is there a better way to do this? It would be great to have a "Style" that would do just that!

Thanks for any help you might offer.

Azbill10

Re: Newbee Needs Help!

Postby juicedownload » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:08 pm

Dear Azbill10,

Welcome!

I created a short little caption file that might help you. At least it'll give you a start. You can download and modify the captions however you like. You'll have to duplicate the caption layers to get your final goal of 30-40 names.

I guess for now, open up the Proshow file, examine the keyframes, try duplicating the captions and experiment, and then post back with any questions.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wn81k3dacod835o

Tim

Postby Azbill10 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:58 am

Tim...

Thanks for your reply to my question and the caption file you sent. My original thought was to have the names stack vertically (8-10 high) in four columns across the bottom.

Using your file, and playing a bit, I was able to get pretty much what I was seeking, with one problem. I notice that as I proceed through the names, the names start rising slowly as I add more. Any suggestions on eliminating this issue. There must be some way to end keyframe motion.

Anyway - thanks again for your response.

azbill10

Postby juicedownload » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:00 am

Do you mean you're running out of room with all the names?
Would reducing the font size be of any use? Or do you want some of them to disappear?

Postby im42n8 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:27 am

There's no need to duplicate the caption 40 times! (although you can if you want).

There's this little blue square to the far left of the caption. click this and it becomes many little blue squares . . . and the caption is placed on all slides. Now, go to each slide where you don't want that caption and uncheck the little black checkmark box on the far right.

Just set all the characteristics of that caption before you set it to operate on all of the slides.

Then, set the 2ndary captions from there.

When you design the bottom caption (the one with all of the names in columns), it should start out with all the lines you're going to want to use. So, for the first line of names have 7 hard returns w/o text. Add the next line and remove one of the empty hard lines. Continue that until you've got all the lines filled and no further empty hard return lines.

PSP captions have a location that depends on the center point of the caption layer. When you add lines, that center point moves and so, the caption moves accordingly. To finesse it, you design the caption from what you intend to end up with and work with the result. Hence, the multiple empty lines...

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby anitaemile » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:21 pm

Azbill

The way I understand your question is so that in the end you have one main caption on top and 40 or so names under it on top of each other after they appeared on screen under the main caption first.
You can do this in one slide
You have have kf 1 where the name originates, outside the slide, kf2 to the first position under the main caption, kf 3 same settings as kf 2-pause period- , kf 4 to bottom of the end position , kf 5 same as kf 4 as end of slide.
Repeat these kf settings for the next name, but start with kf 1when the previous name reaches kf 3. Keframes 2 and 3 and 4 should be spread out with same intervals as those keyframes of previous name. Make sure you also change kf 4and kf 5 pan settings, so that the name is now just above the previous name Repeat this for all the names, each time the kf 4 and kf5 position ( same values) a bit higher than the previous name. If you make sure you do not attach a fly in , fly out to the first and last keyframes, the names will just stay at their end position without moving

Postby Azbill10 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:31 am

Thanks to all who responded to my issue - with special thanks to Anita. With your inputs and some practice, I believe I can now accomplish what I was looking for using Keyframes. When I get the Award name shows completed, I'll move on to the next topic - how to pause and restart slides/shows in an executable presentation. Won't seek your help until I hit the proverbial brick wall.

Thanks again to all.

azbill10

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks