How to?...

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

How to?...

Postby kojaysnana » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:46 am

Hi,
Can someone tell me how or if this is possible.
In Producer, I am goingto have a burgundy slide and i want to put a thin cream colored strip not at the top but near the top of the background slide. I don't know anything about image editors so I haveto try it in producer.
Thanks for any suggestions...

Karen

Re: How to?...

Postby osharr » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:56 am

Karen ,
I'm not sure about your question , but , you can Google Gimp and download it for free. It is a great Photoshop replacement and there are alot of tutorials on Youtube for it . Yep , another program to learn , but for free , it does so much .
Ollie
If it ain't broke , don't fix it !

Re: How to?... Adding a solid color layer

Postby debngar » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:26 am

No need for outside editor to get this into a slide. If it's ok that the strip is in a slide layer, you can do this all in Producer by adding a layer to any slide you want. It won't be on your static "background" but instead it will be a layer in your slide(s).

Add a layer to a slide, "+" solid color (pick the color). In the slide edit window unlock the x and y zoom, use zoom slider to resize vertically to fit the area you wish to cover and re-position it where you wish.

That's it.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Studio7Productions » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:50 am

Do you mean you want a flattened image, burgandy in colour with a cream strip along the top, as a single image?

If so what size image would you want and how thick do you want the strip?

I can make you one and send it to you

Mel
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

Postby anitaemile » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:35 am

Karen
you can also add a solid color layer , go to layers/editing and apply a vignette:choose rounded rectangle, solid color and choose a big size border . Now make that border in you r color. You can now zoom your image and put it so that you only see a line at the bottom. Voila.. Easy does it.

Postby kojaysnana » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:16 pm

Thanks so much for the responses,
I am going to try everybody's suggestion. Ollie, I have the gimp installation icon, waiting on my nephew to visit so that he can show me a few things, I learn better like that. Deb and Anita-I am going to give what you said a try, but just in case I can't get it right...Mel, yes please send me one. What you described is exactly what I want, near the top but not at the top, the cream strip needs only to be about as wide as the slider bar over here on this site to the right. (please forgive my ignorance, what is that about a 1/2 inch.)

Thank you so much...I tell everyone I know about the support that I get from here!!!

Postby im42n8 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:44 pm

In addition to Debbie and Anita's suggestions,

When you've added your layer of the chosen color and you've resized it and positioned it, and if you've chosen to round the corners with the vignette option (or not),

You can then, depending on what the strip is going to be used for, change the opacity, and maybe to add a blur (a vignette size may also be used . . . each has its advantages and disadvantages, tho they aren't a major concern). The blur is to take the edge off slightly.

Instead of a solid color you might chose to use a gradient layer and then two relatively close colors and then chose the type of gradient as plasma, rectangular, diamond, or radial. Add some blur, change the opacity, etc.

The ability to use the gradient/solid layer layers from within Producer is a major plus because you don't have to leave the program and get into graphic editor to create something so simple. Sometimes I wish the eyedropper would work outside of producer so I can click on some color in another window to set the color of my layer (but ain'ta gonna happen yet!). The ability to resize the layer within PSP is a great plus because you can get it to the right size quickly. And, it's REALLY easy to reposition it as necessary too!

Have fun!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby kojaysnana » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:23 pm

Thanks everybody,
I'm going to print this out and get started....

Karen

Postby kojaysnana » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:12 pm

I did it, worked like a charm, so easy....Thanks everyone!!

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:57 pm

Yeah, I know, I'm late to the party, but when I saw the question, an answer popped into my head and I had to check it out in Producer to see how easily it could be done: I added a linear pastel gradient where I rotated the angle to 270 degrees so I could get a horizontal stripe. I then made the first color marker burgundy, the 2nd and 3rd color markers cream, and the 4th and 5th markers the same burgundy as the 1st marker. Then it was just a matter of moving the middle three markers until I had a horizontal stripe up near the top.

And that's my solution, late as always. :(

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:17 pm

BarbaraC wrote:Yeah, I know, I'm late to the party, but when I saw the question, an answer popped into my head and I had to check it out in Producer to see how easily it could be done: I added a linear pastel gradient where I rotated the angle to 270 degrees so I could get a horizontal stripe. I then made the first color marker burgundy, the 2nd and 3rd color markers cream, and the 4th and 5th markers the same burgundy as the 1st marker. Then it was just a matter of moving the middle three markers until I had a horizontal stripe up near the top.

And that's my solution, late as always. :(

Barbara

It's fascinating to see the different solutions suggested to the original question. I forgot one could make the entire thing out of a two-colored gradient in Producer instead of just making the skinny strip. That would be a nice alternative, yes - along with all the others suggested!
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:27 pm

This right here is what I miss on the forum. It used to be such a constant--one person wanted a particular effect and others would come up with ways to achieve it, or someone would trip across a cool thing to do and would share it with everyone. So, Karen, if you're still listening, thank you so much for asking your question. It blew the dust off our brains.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks