fast Zoom

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
rrcpa

fast Zoom

Postby rrcpa » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:59 pm

Is there any way to do a super fast zoom in and out on a picture? I just finished a montage and the zoom speed is all the same....slow .

thanks

Re: fast Zoom

Postby juicedownload » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:14 pm

rrcpa,

You can make the slides time length shorter, that will speed up the zoom motion.
Maybe try increasing the zoom % to something higher.

Or you can try using keyframes, which allow more control over timing and speed.

Keyframe 1 ------------------------------- Keyframe 2 --------------------------------------Keyframe 3
Zoom X 100% ............................ Zoom X 140% .................................... Zoom X 100%
Zoom Y 100% ............................ Zoom Y 140% .................................... Zoom X 100%

Visually that's sorta what it would look like. You zoom in and then out on the same image.

Post back if have questions.

Tim

Postby im42n8 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:18 pm

Many times you don't have an option to change the slide time. In that case, you add keyframes close to each other with significant jumps in zoom values for the image you want to zoom. Note that you can place keyframes as close as 0.001s from each other...so you have some significant opportunity for close keyframes (but typically 0.1s or more are the minimum you'll want to use). Also, use as many keyframes as you need to get the effect you want (effectively changing the level of zoom between the keyframes . . . if you want).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Anna J » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:05 pm

rrcpa,
Dale and Mona have already answered your question while I was throwing together this little show of how to zoom fast. But I'll post it anyway and you can see a screen shot of stacked key frames if you like! 30 seconds
http://www.photodex.com/share/janep/k8mx8mg4
Anna J
Anna

Postby cherub » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:06 pm

Anna J wrote:rrcpa,
Dale and Mona have already answered your question while I was throwing together this little show of how to zoom fast. But I'll post it anyway and you can see a screen shot of stacked key frames if you like! 30 seconds
http://www.photodex.com/share/janep/k8mx8mg4
Anna J

Anna,
Thank you for thinking of me, but I had no part in this thread :D :D :D

Postby Anna J » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:47 am

Mona,
My children are right. I do need to be in a "home". :lol: I just count on you and Dale to help folks out!
Anna
Anna

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks