Help - PSP Crashes on Video Output

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Help - PSP Crashes on Video Output

Postby Xennon » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:11 pm

I broke something and dunno how to fix it.

I am trying to output my show to a *video file* using the DivX v6.9.2 codec but I'm getting odd things happening. One of two things happen
(1) - PSP crashes and just vanishes off the screen completely without warning or error message - poof! GONE!
or
(2) - The output *seems* to go to completion but the resulting AVI file is ZERO bytes in length. Again, no errors.

It seems related to the output size - If I have the setting to 640x480 it works without issues but anything bigger and 1 of the 2 issues above occur _every_ time.

Outputting to other formats like mpeg-2 or mpeg-4 work ok but of course the file size is huge by comparison to DivX.

xVid is ok, but the quality is just plain bad and I can't seem to tweak it to look any good.

edit: I use PSP 4.1

Can anyone offer any suggestions as why this might be happening? I've reinstalled DivX several times and unfortunately I don't have anything else that *encodes* video to test if it might be the codec's fault.

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks