How do you synch audio to slides ?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
rmenichini

How do you synch audio to slides ?

Postby rmenichini » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:13 pm

Hello,
I have a problem in synchronizing my audio tracks to the length of the slide-show.
I'm at my first projects in PSP.

*All* my audio tracks are videoclips (except the first slide, the title slide)

I have :

- 16 slides : 16:49 minutes
- 4 audio tracks : 15:44 minutes

Now there is a hole at the end, where the music finishes about 1 minute before the slide-show.
If I use the automatic synchronization, it makes "dirty" things (videoclips of 19 seconds set to 40 second, and so on).

What can I do ?

1) look for an additional song (short, about 1 minute), insert it at the end and adjust the other sound tracks' lengths to fit to the whole slide-show length
2) find a way to cut the videoclips to fit the sound length
3) other ?

What is the best approach ?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Re: How do you synch audio to slides ?

Postby Oldguy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:35 am

Yep, probably that's the way to do it.
Might be easier to adjust time of slides
rather than adjusting videos. You can
probably find a very short music clip
and even lenthen slide and/or transition timing.

Forrest

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:33 am

Rob, there's another possibility, but only if you use a sound editor. You can "stretch" the sound tracks, adding seconds to each one, though you might not be able to come up with the full minute you actually require without distorting the sound. In the end and if it were me, I'd search for longer audio tracks, no doubt tearing my hair out in the search. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby duglas50 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:47 pm

Rob,
I found that the best way to sync your music to your slides is to use the free sound editor Audacity. What I do when I need a longer music track is copy clips that repeat itself in the music track you are using and paste in another area where it repeats. It's time consuming but works great and if done right you can't tell where the clip was pasted.

Doug
Family Heritage Photography
http://www.familyheritagephotography.com
    Producer 5.0, Photoshop Elements 14, Lightroom 6, Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Topaz Adjust, Portrait Professional, On1 Photo 10, ImgBurn, Audacity, Nikon D7200, D5000

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:19 pm

Doug, I do the same thing in Audition. I also shorten songs by clipping out repetitive areas. I can't imagine life without an audio editor!

Barbara

Postby duglas50 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:33 pm

Barbara,
You're right, a very useful tool that you can't be without. I saw Audition in action once when I was cutting a radio commercial at one of our local radio stations. I couldn't believe how quickly the sound tech guy breezed through the cut and paste process when editing my commercial. I thought, wow, I'm getting that program, until I saw the price. I'm envious of you for having that program. For now Audacity will work just fine.

Doug
    Producer 5.0, Photoshop Elements 14, Lightroom 6, Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Topaz Adjust, Portrait Professional, On1 Photo 10, ImgBurn, Audacity, Nikon D7200, D5000

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:43 am

Doug, Audacity does a lot, though not all, of what Audition does. I've essentially had the latter for a long time, having first owned Cool Edit, which Adobe bought out and turned into Audition. I got Cool Edit through my son when he was in radio school. If you can somehow get your hands on the last version of Cool Edit--don't know if this is possible--you'll have a great deal of what's in Audition.

Barbara

Postby duglas50 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:43 am

Thanks Barbara, I'll have to look into that.

Doug

Neo

Postby Neo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:36 am

Hello all,

I have tried Audacity, Cool Edit, Nero wave editor, and Sony Sound Forge and I have found that "MP3 Audio Editor" beats them all.

In fact, after trying "MP3 Audio Editor" I removed the rest from the system. It does nearly everything that Audacity and Cool Edit do for a fraction of the cost. Interface is to the point and it handles all formats with the exception of Flac and WV (not sure about recent releases). You can even extract audio from video clips, extract tracks from CD's, do your own recording, ... and all the other good stuff like fade-in, fade-out, removing noise, EQ, pitch modification, special effects,..., For the price, it cannot be beat and good trial period too.

Hope this will be of help to some who are looking for a good and cost effective audio editor.

Regards,

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:35 am

Hi Neo,

Would appreciate a link to this editor or its manufacturer. There are several editors all with similar sounding names.

Thanks
pd
regards.
pd

Neo

Postby Neo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:44 am

Hello pd,

Main site: http://www.mp3audioeditor.com/
Download site: http://www.mp3audioeditor.com/download/index.htm
CNET DL site: http://download.cnet.com/Mp3-Audio-Edit ... 03760.html

For $30, You won't be disappointed. The learning curve nearly non-existence if you have worked with other editors like Nero, Sound Forge, or Cool Edit.

Regards,

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:14 pm

Thank you for the prompt answer. Will have a look at it asap.

Regards
pd
regards.
pd

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks