Kaleidoscope Slide Style

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Re: Kaleidoscope Slide Style

Postby trulytango » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:40 am

Thanks Peter - got it! :idea:

I've amended the style at this end... and sure enough, I can now change the speed of all the segments by just changing the values for the controlling pair :wink:

TTFN
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby im42n8 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:09 pm

As an aside (and additional info), here's a little tidbit that some (most?) don't know. In the past, if you had layer C reference the pan-x of layer B that was referencing the pan-x of layer A, you got no movement at all in layer C (because layer B had no independent movement).

That's not the case any more (I'm not sure when the "fix" occurred but it is working in release 4.1.2737). Here's a situation, Layer A is panning across the screen. You want layer B to pan across the screen exactly how layer A is panning. So, you use a modifier in layer B to reference the pan of Layer A. But now you want the layer B pan to be offset just a little bit from layer C so you add a little constant to either the layer B modifier or the layer B pan box (x and/or y) itself. Now, Layer C needs to follow layer B exactly. So, now you add a pan modifier to layer C to follow the pan of layer B. You don't need to make any other adjustments.

In the past (earlier 4.0 and 4.1 releases), layer B and layer C would each have had to reference the Layer A pan directly. Then, any needed offsets would have had to be added to both layers B and layers C.

So, This means that although Layer C requires the settings on Layer A, with some modifications/adjustments, it can rely entirely on getting its settings from Layer B (which references those Layer A settings via modifiers).

Neat, huh?

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby mulawa1 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:01 pm

I've really got to stop thinking about PSP when I sit in the sun - apart from anything else I lose "sun time" !

But yet another thought which I've raced in to try (and it works!) :

We only need ONE controlling layer - we simply use a "Multiplied by" of -1 where required :)

And Iris - don't feel you have to race out and change our style yet again!

Peter

Esteemed Member

Postby Robino » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:04 pm

OMG - my head is spinning... I hope this stuff comes up at the conference so I can catch up :P

Postby trulytango » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:39 pm

Hi Peter :idea:

That's good to know - I'll have a look at that later... this thread has certainly renewed my interest in modifiers! Sadly though, within a week, all this info will have leaked right out of my sieve-brain...

Dale! It's never easy to read about modifiers... but I'm so glad to learn how much they've improved 8)

TTFN
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby GabBill » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:44 am

Thank you, Peter, for a job very well done.

Bill
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP
http://www.myphotosinmotion.com

Postby Scouse » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi there - new on these boards so please be gentle

Does the Kaleidoscope style only work in Producer? (oops - just spotted that it's actually in the PSP Tips and Tricks Forum).... but I'll leave my message to see how this all works

I'm running Gold, 4.00.2549

Already learned all sorts of great tricks from the forums - thanks to all contributors.

Tom
Last edited by Scouse on Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esteemed Member

Postby Mac » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:41 pm

Hey Tom,

Firstly, would you mind if I called you a "scouse git"? Yes? Okay, other than that, you don't have to worry about this board. People here are normal people who understand that we were all once in the same boat and we will NOT ridicule you for asking questions! Welcome :)
PSP 0.1
Kaypro 8086 4.77Mhz CPU, 728Kb memory, dual 5.25" high density floppies
Windows 1.0, Windows Paint
Kodak Pocket Instamatic 60 with Magicube
Model E-41 Ditto Machine

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Welcome, Tom! We all ask dumb questions no matter how experienced we are. We also hand out some pretty stupid answers.

Mac, what the devil is a "scouse git"? And don't you dare tell me it's a dumb question.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Postby Mac » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:34 pm

A scouse is a person from Liverpool and on the British show Till Death Us Do Part, Alf is always calling his scouse son-in-law a scouse git. That show was the inspiration for All In The Family.
PSP 0.1
Model E-41 Ditto Machine

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:37 pm

For Barbara

"Randy Scouse Git"

Roughly, "horny jerk from Liverpool." It was a derisive term used by the protagonist of the 60's British TV show "Till Death Do Us Part" toward his son-in-law.

A "Scouser" comes from the city of Liverpool

"T'll Death Do Us Part" is a very English comedy show set in a low to middle class home.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Ever wonder if the Brits and the Yanks really speak the same language at all? There's a show, "Lie to Me," where the main character is from somewhere in England, and I very often don't understand more than half of what he says. I sometimes have the same problem with people who have my own accent. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Scouse » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:07 pm

Scouse Git is perfectly acceptable.... can be used as a derogatory term (ie Alf Garnett to his son in law), or as a term of (almost) endearment amongst friends.

Trivia - did you know that the original Scouse Git (Anthony Booth) from "Til death do us part" was in fact the father (in real life) of Cherie Blair, the former Prime Minister of Britain's wife.... you probably did, but others might not...

Thanks for the welcome everyone
Cheers
Tom

Mac wrote:Hey Tom,

Firstly, would you mind if I called you a "scouse git"? Yes? Okay, other than that, you don't have to worry about this board. People here are normal people who understand that we were all once in the same boat and we will NOT ridicule you for asking questions! Welcome :)

Esteemed Member

Postby Mac » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:32 pm

You're right, I was aware of Booth's daughter and I forgive him :wink: . Given his politics though, I'm sure he's very proud! It's funny you came around at this time because I'm reading a book about the show as well as visiting some websites about Liverpool.
PSP 0.1
Model E-41 Ditto Machine

Postby mulawa1 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:18 pm

Welcome aboard Tom. As a relative newcomer myself I can tell you that this Forum is THE place to be if you're keen on furthering your abilities with ProShow. To hark back to your original query, sadly I did not err in placing the style here in the PSP section - it requires masking which is not available in PSG. But as a former PSG user, I can say it's remarkable what can be achieved with PSG.

Peter

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks