Kaleidoscope Slide Style

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Re: Kaleidoscope Slide Style

Postby PhotoMagicCreations » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:56 am

Peter,

I love the slide style. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Kelly

Postby AMD » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:43 pm

Peter,
Thanks for the style; you are really getting proficient with the program. It is interesting to see the different looks that can be achieved with the style. You are generous to share.

Ann

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:46 pm

Now THAT'S a keeper. Most of the long-time members here know I'm a total kaleidoscope freak. Love the real-world kind, love the virtual kind, and love this style. Great work.

Thank you!

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby HunnyB » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:14 pm

Very cool. THANKS 8)
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby trulytango » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:44 am

mulawa1 wrote:I actually started out in the Kaleidoscope Adventure to try out modifiers but they weren't necessary.
Peter

Hi Peter

Thanks for the style! I dropped a photo of my beloved Babe (cat, not husband) into it and I was fascinated by the result. However, I preferred to watch the overall effect speeded up somewhat and therein lies the advantage of using modifiers in this effect. In your original style, the individual pieces do a single, complete rotation throughout the duration of the slide, for which you have recommended 10 seconds... so to speed things up you must shorten the slide time - in my case to about 5 seconds, but then the slide itself was over way too soon!

Now, I for one, could gaze at kaleidoscope images indefinitely... so I took your slide style and added a modifier to the rotation. Now I can set the slide time to whatever I want and the kaleidoscope will turn at the same, steady, set speed. Here's my sample - may be too fast for some tastes but that's easily remedied - the main thing is I could set the slide time to 20, or even 30 seconds if I wanted too, and the speed of the kaleidoscope would not change

Original link removed - scroll down to my next post if you want the style

Best regards

Iris
Last edited by trulytango on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby LouLou » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:23 am

Thanks Peter! I just love all the generous and creative people on this site! I am thinking of all the ways I can use this style..... keep up the good work! 8)
Enjoy life! This is not a dress rehearsal!

Postby anitaemile » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:01 am

Hi Peter,

I just stumbled upon this other clever creation of you.. Nicely done .

A suggestion for more fun: Duplicate the mask pieces ( would do one by one not to get confused) and zoom them, say, to 200 percent. Place them under the original mask and it's image. Now also duplicate the image used with that mask and change the rotation settings from - to + and v.v.. This mask and its image should be placed right under the original duo. If you enlarge the image(s) to a bigger size ( all of them) you can keep going like this, and duplicating the original mask again, zoom it even bigger and place it as third of the same and change rotation again from -to + and v.v. etc. YOu will end up with the double amount of layers in your slide, so the more you add, to more layers you will end up with .

So much fun playing with this stuff..

Postby gg0709 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:29 am

I just recently started to use the built-in ones, and wanted to get more... This one is WAY COOL, Thanks!
Producer 4.1; Samsung TL 220
VERY casual user

Postby mulawa1 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:29 pm

Ahhh Anita - I've had enough of juggling layers for the moment especially after my 45 layer struggle with the Jigsaw Effect. But I hope that others readers may pick up the baton (as Iris has done) and develop a very simple idea further.

Peter

Postby mulawa1 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:46 pm

Iris,

I've just checked out your modified style - that's a neat trick and has taught me a little bit more about modifiers - please feel free to post the style here so other people can use it. One question - how do you go about creating your own category as you have done?

One thing I may explore is moving the centre of rotation as the kaleidoscope spins - as I have done in the little program on my web site - this would fit in well with your longer show idea.

Peter

Postby mulawa1 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:55 pm

A further thought for Iris's style - only set up two modifiers to sawtooth then base all the others on these two - then if you want to fiddle with the settings, you only have to do it 2 places.

Peter

Esteemed Member

Postby Robino » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:05 pm

Wow, you lost me on the modifiers. Iris are you going to take Peter's suggestion and post the style with the modifiers? It could be such a learning tool about how to use modifiers.

Thanks - Robin

Esteemed Member

Postby moehler » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:26 pm

That is very great. Thank you.

Postby trulytango » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:53 pm

Hi there

This morning I've revisited the slide style I made, and slowed down the rotation ever so slightly. I've also posted a short show that contains info on the modifier settings - to get the kaleidoscope images rotating at a steady speed throughout any slide duration. The show also contains a direct link from which the style can be downloaded.

Peter... it's a while since I used modifiers - I have trouble just opening the interface most of the time, so it's no surprise I have yet to learn how to link them to other layers! Maybe someone else (Dale, Mona, Anita et all?) can download the style and amend it so that the speed can be changed in just two places (+/-) :wink:

Re categories, Peter, there are a couple of places you can create/add a category. On creating a new style, press the 'Select' button that appears beside the word 'Categories' and from the 'Categorize Slide Styles' screen that appears, choose 'Add Category' - you'll find it at the bottom. You can also access the 'Categorize Slide Styles' screen by going in via 'Manage Styles' and choosing 'Categorize'. If you download the new style, you'll see that I have now created a category in your name :D

Here's the link:

http://www.photodex.com/share/lifeinpics/bk9m8mg4

TTFN
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby mulawa1 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:14 am

Great work Iris - and thanks for the Heads Up on Category Creation - but of course I don't need to do it now :)

Here's how to make one modifier take its value from another.

In the Motion Effects window, select the layer (here I've picked 10) and Right Click on the value you wish to control (here I've picked Rotate)

Now look at the bottom to see where I have made the Rotate on Layer 10 takes its value from Rotate on Layer 2

Peter

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks