Reversing Slide Order

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Reversing Slide Order

Postby hhijim » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:16 pm

I recently completed a slide show of about 300 slides.

The client asked if I could reverse the slide order of the entire show; making slide number 1 slide number 300. Slide number 2 number 299, etc.

Can Producer accomplish this task?

Many thanks,

hhijim

Re: Reversing Slide Order

Postby im42n8 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:00 pm

Interesting. Clients/customers have a way of coming up with some "interesting" requests sometimes.

As far as I know, ProShow does not have this functionality built in. I've never run into that capability. That's one of the reasons I ask the client/customer up front for the order or rough order in which they want their photos. It saves me a considerable (or potentially considerable) amount of work.

That said, you'll probably want to figure out the order you have now somehow so that you can track what you've manually moved and where it went. That way you know where you are at any time so that if you have to do it in more than a single session, you can start off again where you left off previously.

I do not envy you your task! If she previously specified the order in which you created the show, you might want to consider the addition of a setup charge that covers just such a scenario. Some people are very hands on. The worst I ever had was where a nearly 30 min show that had its tunes completely changed 5 different times. Each time the music tracks changed I had to redo the timing of the slides too. It was very frustrating and time consuming. The show ended up being great but it was a heck of a lot of stress and effort!

Good luck!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby trulytango » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi there

I've found myself wanting to replicate and reverse whole series of slides too - not an entire show, just series of images shot in burst mode - but I haven't found any way to do it other than manually. Thankfully, on the odd occasion when I've wanted to do this, I have been working on personal shows and my time's been my own! For a paying customer to request this - looks like something went amiss at the planning stage? He/she is basically asking you to start again from scratch...
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby hhijim » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:01 pm

Thanks for your helpful comments.

I was hopeful that Producer had some way of accomplishing the goal of reversing slide order.

The client, pro bono in this instance, is a camera club that I have been a member of for years.

Each year through the courtesy of a local theater we play a 30 minute slide show prior to the beginning of the daily movie.

The theatre manager asked if I could provide a reverse order copy of the show to alternate with the primary show which would have a slightly 'different look.'

I think what I will do is cut the last half of the show and paste it into the beginning. That does change the order of the slides but does not reverse the order of the entire show. It is a whole lot quicker and may be worth the money I am getting for the project!

Thanks again,

hhijim

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:09 pm

The problem I would see with finding a way to reverse the order would be that all the transitions that "fitted" a particular slide would now be wrong as well as anything you had sync'd to music etc. I could think of several ways to approach it (like renaming the images instead of changing the show with a script), but I still think that if there are anything other than a straight sequence of slides with the same timing (pretty boring usually), you gonna break it if you were to pull it off (especially with what you are getting paid !! ).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks