Making Background packages..How?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
jmarkus

Making Background packages..How?

Postby jmarkus » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:10 pm

I can't seem to figure out how to make background packages like the ones from Photodex. Anyone know how to create these groups of backgrounds?

Re: Making Background packages..How?

Postby Astra » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:18 pm

Could you describe in more detail, what did you mean by: "background packages"??

Alexandra

Postby im42n8 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:13 pm

I'm not sure what you mean either wrt "background" packages. Jennifer at Choice Backgrounds has made video backgrounds for years, for example. There are a variety of approaches to making a background depending on what you want to do.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby cherub » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:36 pm

I think that jmarkus is referring to the free backgrounds on his computer, that he downloaded from Photodex as Extras, and that appear in ProShow as Media Source Backgrounds.
They are indeed categorized in all sorts of groups (Holiday Pack, Spring, Summer Fun, Love and.... etc).

jmarkus,
Any nice image can be used as background in ProShow, either in a slide, or when you make your DVD.
It can be something from your own pictures, or if you have a bit of artistic skill, you can make these backgrounds by yourself, in a graphic editor, and then insert them in ProShow.
You can save these images on your computer, in a directory that you may call also Backgrounds (if you wish), and divide this directory to smaller folders by various names (they would be your categories), like Wedding, Bday, Memorials, and so on.

Hope this helps,

Esteemed Member

Postby rlsu » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:04 am

There are many people who share some of their digital backgrounds that they create. I used many of the same backgrounds that I use for digital scrapbooking. If you go to this website they will direct you to blogs of people who post "freebies" for scrapbooking. All of these items can be used in a slideshow. http://www.craftcrave.com/
Beware though, it is very addicting to start collecting these files. You will have way more than you need! :D
Michelle
Michelle

jmarkus

Postby jmarkus » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:43 am

Thanks for the replies. I already know how to manually use one of my own images (one image at a time). I just wanted to have them grouped by topic and to appear as the free ones from Photodex do...and they are called "packages". I have tried copying the photos to the C:/Program Files (x86)/Photodex/ProshowProducer/content/background folder, but they do not appear as options in the menu creation dialog. I noticed in the C:/Program Files (x86)/Photodex/ProshowProducer/content/Packages folder that all the freebies from Photodex appear in both the root of that folder - as well as the "installed" sub folder. What I want is MY photos to appear in the menu creation dialog + to have them appear in groupings that I arrange. Is this possible?

Postby im42n8 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:17 pm

The answer is NO. Not at this time. Create a folder/subfolders for your own stuff. Navigate to it when you want to use it. That is your only real option.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks