Adjust Fade-In and Fade-Out on Caption

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Adjust Fade-In and Fade-Out on Caption

Postby ozphoto » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:16 am

I am trying to figure out how to adjust the fade-in and fade-out of a caption.

I want to extend for example the caption so it starts light then turns to a solid text and of course the fade-out from solid to light text

can anyone help me on this

Re: Adjust Fade-In and Fade-Out on Caption

Postby anitaemile » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:54 am

Under Captions: caption settings , under text effects ( left top corner) you can set the fly in to "fade in" and the fly out to "fade out".Under Caption motion settings, drag the transition for the fade in and fade out to the length you desire

Anita.

Postby ozphoto » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:25 am

Ok great thanks I see that and adjusted it but I have added a picture of a rose now and it shows up before the fade-in begins.

Do I have to flatten the image so the transition affects the entire slide, how would I do this?

Postby anitaemile » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:34 am

If you want the rose to appear after the captions have faded in , move the first keyframe from the rose image layer up and apply a transition to the first keyframe to have it appear gradually into the slide.
You don't have to have the image appear right when the slide starts. Right click on the little triangle on the scrub line from kf 1 from the image layer to apply a transition to the first keyframe. You will see a black background as long as there is not image in the slide. You can either put a solid, or gradient layer as bottom layer to create a different background, or use the image enlarged ( zoomed, blurred, black and white, etc ) as a background before the actual image appears after you have the captions fade in.

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks