Spotlight on subject

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Spotlight on subject

Postby dave45000 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:12 pm

I just purchased PSP after having gold for several years. Looks like I have lots to learn.
I had seen a show some time ago that had a picture of a soccer team and in the show it had a circle (spotlight) move into the photo and highlight a person. Can anybody explain to me how to do this?

Thanks
Dave

Re: Spotlight on subject

Postby im42n8 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:07 am

Put an image on the slide. Duplicate it. Make the lower image 50% opaque. Make sure the background of the slide is black. Add a solid white layer of 720x720 (any dimensions as long as they're equal). Make this the top layer. Vignette (Slide Options | Layer, Editing tools) so that the layer is round (use shape=ellipse). Make the solid color layer a mask (any type). Set your start and stop positions to create movement.

That's a quick and dirty spotlight effect effect. There are a number of ways of getting the effect. You'll need to become more familiar with the program before you can go there but this will give you a taste of it. Look at the builtin slide style called magnify and study how it does what it does. This might help you understand more as well.

Good luck! Welcome to the world of Producer! :D

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks