Flashy Phot Print Style ?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
jancalen

Flashy Phot Print Style ?

Postby jancalen » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:15 am

Newbie here.
I've searched through the topics but can't find one that shows me how to copy a style to all selected slides. When I select multiple slides and apply one of the PSP slide styles it only applies to one slide and not the others. I've gone in to the layers effects editing tab to try and copy the settings to the destination slides but it doesn't work.
Can anyone shed some light on the subject?
Thanks

PSP V 4.259

Re: Flashy Phot Print Style ?

Postby marmart » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:53 am

If there is a way to copy slide styles, I would like to know also. I don't think there is. What I have done is create the style I want, then copy and paste it as many times as I want, then change the photo in the copied slides. I know it is cumbersome, but there is an easy way to change the photo - with the slide options window open, make sure you are in the slide styles section and you can actually just drag and drop the replacement photo onto the other photo - it will be highlited blue when you are in the correct place. Jennifer (aka Vidqueen) did a short tutorial - I think, on this subject.

Good luck,

Mary

Postby debngar » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Mary noted one solution - copy and pasting the entire slide as many times and in the spots in the show you want, then change out the images.

Also, take a look at this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10430&p=85146&hilit=+forget#p85146

and this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10018&p=81879&hilit=+copy+styles#p81879

Read through the different posts. Some copying is a good thing, other choices may not be depending on the style because of the different number of images involved in the style.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

jancalen

Postby jancalen » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:16 pm

Thanks for the help Debbie but it doesn't seem to work for the camera flash style because there is a photo image and a layer in the style. Perhaps if you tried it you can see what I mean? Let me know if you can get it to work. Although I am a newbie to PSP I am not a newbie to computers or the Adobe suite programs to name a few. I also used to build computers but there's no money in that anymore. That said I can't figure out how to copy the camera flash style. I can get some of the layers to copy over and then I try and drop a new image on the slide but the photo images don't match up even when I uncheck the visibility of the copied style images.
Thanks
Jan :-)

Postby debngar » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:12 pm

In this case, Mary's solution is the only solution. Copy/paste and change out the images. In some styles, the image fills in some of the others automatically. Love that. But in others they don't. :(

In other cases, depending on the style, it works to copy settings to other slides instead (and you could do that to a number of them at the same time) but only if there is one image, one layer and certain settings applied to that image. Unfortunately, key frames don't copy if there are more key frames in one slide and less or more in others.

I was just proposing another way of copying a "style" of sorts but only within certain circumstances and those are probably the more simple styles. What you would be doing isn't really copying a style but just copying settings to other slides.

There is a feature to "combine slides" but I haven't used that in a show other than experimenting with it a few times.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

jancalen

Postby jancalen » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:59 am

Thanks Debbie,
I'll submit my feature request to Photodex to see if they'll include a copy styles setings for all styles.
Thanks and have a great weekend!
-Jan

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks