Adding/Removing time from slide

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Adding/Removing time from slide

Postby RandyG » Tue May 19, 2009 6:59 am

Hi,

I want to remove about 2 seconds from a certain slide that has many layers and many keyframes that I do not want to change. I thought there was a way to remove or add time without effecting the keyframes. I have been searching around in the new version but have not come across it. Am I crazy or did the previous version have this feature? If it is in this new one...where?

Thanks, Randy

Re: Adding/Removing time from slide

Postby cherub » Tue May 19, 2009 7:13 am

It is a RIGHT CLICK menu.
Go with the mouse to one of your keyframes and Right Click on it.
You will immediately see the Add/Remove Time.

For a complete explanation on how to do this, see Dale's excellent post:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11659&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=add+remove

Postby RandyG » Tue May 19, 2009 7:19 am

Thanks Mona, I'll give it a shot. I saw that but thought it meant from that keyframe only.

Regards, Randy

Postby RandyG » Tue May 19, 2009 8:47 am

Works like a charm..thanks again :)

spence524

Postby spence524 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:59 am

I tried this same technique, however it seems that if i add time to my last key frame in the slide, it extends the slide transition time and not the overall slide time. For example if my slide time is 7 seconds with a 2 second transition and i right click the last key frame of one of my layers and add 1 second, it changes the slide transition to 3 seconds (making for a sloooower slide transition), but does not change the slide time to 8 seconds. How do i just extend the slide time while keeping all the key frames at their intervals and just make the slide stay up longer?

Postby newtcruiser » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:06 am

Hi there

Try making the change to the second to last key frame instead of the last one. As you have seen adjusting the last kf changes the transition time. Hope this works for you.

Linda :lol:

Postby im42n8 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:30 pm

If your LAST keyframe is within the slide transition time, any added time will be to the transition time...the keyframe only has to be 0.001s into the transition time for this to happen! Likewise, if you place the keyframe to within 0.001s of the end of the slide time, any time added will get added to the slide time (conversely, you can remove 200s from the slidetime at this point and ONLY the 0.001s between the keyframe and the end of the slide time is removed!). :D

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks