Apply Slide Style Multiple Slides

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Apply Slide Style Multiple Slides

Postby Ron » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:38 pm

Hey All
Sorry for repeating a question but for the life of me I could not find the original post.
I'm looking to apply the "Photo Print Edge" style to my show. Instead of manually applying it 250 times there must be a way to like batch edit the group of selected slides. I can't seem to figure it out. Hoping someone has.
Thanks Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Re: Apply Slide Style Multiple Slides

Postby im42n8 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:55 pm

Ron,

I'm curious ... I'm not home right now and so can't try it... but have you tried applying the style to mutiple selected slides?

It might work (doubt it... but you never know! Besides, it might just be another way to bring the show to it's knees and crash it!! :D :D )

Dale

Postby Ron » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:57 pm

Hey Dale
I gave it a shot but no go - and no crash which was a good thing. I've still been searching but it looks like its one by one - no workaround in sight.
Maybe an action in photoshop?
Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby im42n8 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Bummer! One-by-One could take awhile if you're using it on more than a few!

PS Action?!?

Dale

Postby debngar » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:41 pm

Forget for a moment that there is a "style" applied. There is no mystery to this.

Just pretend you made your own adjustments to your slide. If you know how, use "copy settings" feature and select the desired settings to copy to all your slides:

This can be done in a few clicks.

Go to: Layers>Editing - right click on the layers area over your image to get to "copy settings". If you are not in the right tab, you won't get all the choices you need to copy them over in one step.

Click on the these bold titles that appear in between the copy from slides and copy to slides area.

Transform
Shadow
Vignette

Changes in zoom, drop shadow and vignette look like the only things that are applied in that "style". If I missed anything, just click ALL the bold titles to copy over to all your slides and you should be good to go.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Ron » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:33 pm

Forget for a moment that there is a "style" applied

Hi Debbie

I thank you for sharing your knowledge, it works absolutely wonderful. It is even better than using the "slide style" because of have a degree of control over the pixs in the border as well as color control of the drop shadow. I've use the border before that way but was unfamiliar with the "Copy Setting". I thank you for opening up this for me as there are many options there to make life easier
Thanks Again
Ron

Postby debngar » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:59 am

Ron,

Your welcome.

If you think about it, to actually apply a "style" to all photos could really mess up your show if you selected a style that involves inserting more images, gradients and so forth.

For you to have picked the "style" you did to copy to other slides worked well in this case since it only involved one image and why there isn't a really a "copy style" feature in the first place! :D

All is well.
Debbie

Postby im42n8 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:15 am

Ron,

A couple of notes about Copy settings. They will not copy keyframes (settings are given to existing kf's) or adjust the timing of keyframes (the timings on existing kf's are unchanged). Any modifiers you may have applied to your original are likewise not a setting you can copy.

So, if your original slide has (and needs) 5 keyframes and your destination slide has 2, you must make the necessary additions and timing changes to your keyframes manually (as well as any adding any modifiers) to get the same behavior as the original slide before you've performed all of your copy settings.

Dale

Postby learningful » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:32 pm

I know it's been a while since this thread began, but let me just add my thanks to Debbie for this tip for copying relevant settings between slides to create consistency. I searched for a while to find a "copy slide style" magic button before I happened upon your post, which makes great sense and works wonderfully. Thanks Again
Rod

Postby debngar » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:17 pm

You're welcome! :D
Debbie

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks