Actual/Adjusted Position for Rotated layers

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Actual/Adjusted Position for Rotated layers

Postby im42n8 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:48 pm

Here's another demonstration of the determination of a layer's actual or adjusted position when it has been rotated on other than layer center. This is a relatively simple demo that demonstrates the use of my Tools for ProShow to find its position. Finding that position then lets me place other layers in the exact same location but with different rotation center values. This can be particularly useful to those who are developing their own effects and who want to get the most out of their ProShow programs.

This demo is NOT in-depth but does demonstrate the relative ease with which the determination of the layer's location is made (using a tool that does the math for you). Anyone can do this on their own if they don't mind doing the math to determine the change in location of the layer's center from the pre-rotated location. My Tools for ProShow does that work for you. This feature was first introduced in v11.0J (current public release is v11.42c).

It's unfortunate that ProShow does not report the layer's actual location when that layer has been rotated on other than layer center. A layer's position on-screen is directly related to the location of its center. A layer's location on the screen doesn't matter whether or not the layer is rotated. As long as the layer is rotated on screen center, the Pan value always reports the layer's correct position. That is no longer the case if the layer is rotated on other than screen center.

-Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks