Switch to full style
This is where I'll post messages asking for your help and/or make announcements regarding the ProShow Enthusiasts Message Board.
Post a reply

Active Accounts

Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:17 am

Part of maintaining the forum is cleaning up the database so it remains efficient. I routinely backup the database, repair some of the data tables, and optimize the information so the forum can run as smoothly and as fast as possible. One of the automated maintenance procedures includes removing accounts that are not active from the database.

What is considered to be an "Active" account? Any account that is at least six months old and doesn't have at least one post is considered "Inactive". It doesn't matter how many times you've logged into the account, or how recently. Being active is a function of posting messages and being involved with the community.

This morning I was looking at the maintenance logs and saw that over 700 accounts had been purged from the database in the last procedure alone. That's a pretty big number. I looked a little deeper and saw that there are still nearly 3,200 remaining members that have not posted at least one message. That's nearly 50% of the total membership.

I encourage everyone that hasn't posted something to post a question about a problem you've been trying to work out, thank someone for providing information that helped you, or simply offer to share a show you've been working on. It's okay to lurk, but the forum as a whole benefits when everyone participates to some degree.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Mike
Post a reply