Where to get realy good photos for demo?

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
bdaygirl

Where to get realy good photos for demo?

Postby bdaygirl » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:01 pm

Hi to all,

I want to create a really good slideshow demo from birth to wedding to tributes. But my problem is I'm not a photographer and I don't have any photographer friends. I checked some of the stock photo websites and the photos don't come cheap! Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative to buying royalty-free photos? or better yet a free royalty-free photo website where giving the photographer credit is enough? My resources are limited but I want to get my business out there.

Cherry

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Where to get realy good photos for demo?

Postby Studio7Productions » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:11 pm

Hi

You could go to www.pbase.com, view the online albums, and email any of the photographers in there for permission to use their images.....a friend of mine did it, and got a very good response....worth a try!

M
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby stickgirl » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:18 pm

I've used photos from this site - http://www.sxc.hu/home

Kathy

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:13 am

bdaygirl wrote:Hi to all,
But my problem is I'm not a photographer and I don't have any photographer friends. ................My resources are limited but I want to get my business out there.

Cherry

Cherry,
I think you provided the potential answer in your post. Have you considered talking with some of the local photographers in your area? They may be looking to add this capability, but do not have the time/resources to do this. Ultimately, it may lead to a great relationship that is profitable to you both.

Regards,
-Vernon

bdaygirl

Postby bdaygirl » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:52 am

Hi M,
Thanks for the recommendation! I'll try and see if I can find someone friendly.

Hi Kathy,
I've seen this website before but I'm confused by one of the items in their Image License, specifically:
"You may not use the Image:
To endorse products and services if it depicts a person."

I need people pictures so does that mean I cannot use them for the demo show?

Hi Vernon,
I'm really very shy to do "cold calls" (is that the right term?). I was hoping to avoid doing that because I don't know how to introduce my self and sell my service. I was thinking of posting in craigslist for photographers who want to have a demo of their work done in a slideshow but without an initial demo myself I think they will hardly give me the time of day.

Cherry

Postby czali » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:14 pm

Cherry,

http://www.123rf.com/ This is who I go to first. As you can see they are royalty-free.

Colleen

Return to Business Applications