Need help with pricing for video clips

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
mlauridsen

Need help with pricing for video clips

Postby mlauridsen » Mon May 22, 2006 11:40 am

Does anybody have recommendations/suggestions on what to charge customers for including video clips in a slideshow? If you charge a flat fee, do you set any limit on the length of video clips? It's a feature I would like to offer, but seems like a lot of extra work, especially if they give you a VHS tape and you have to capture & convert the video. I'm really struggling with this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Need help with pricing for video clips

Postby marmart » Mon May 22, 2006 6:07 pm

mlauridsen wrote:Does anybody have recommendations/suggestions on what to charge customers for including video clips in a slideshow? If you charge a flat fee, do you set any limit on the length of video clips? It's a feature I would like to offer, but seems like a lot of extra work, especially if they give you a VHS tape and you have to capture & convert the video. I'm really struggling with this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I actually don't charge extra - BUT the clip has to be "ready to go" already edited, I just drop it in. I haven't gotten any un-edited yet.

Mary

thecompletist

Postby thecompletist » Tue May 23, 2006 7:25 am

$20 up to 60 sec tops... includes light editing if needed, I transfer from vhs, 8mm, mini dv... etc most people can't get it into AVI themselves

Jeff

Return to Business Applications