Starting a Business

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
The KGB

Starting a Business

Postby The KGB » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:26 pm

Is there anyone out here making a full-time living creating shows/presentations? Just from some basic research, it seems that there is potential demand for archiving old family photos, movies and video, then organizing all of it into some type of production. In the corporate sector, I'm sure that there is demand for better presentations than the typical Powerpoint garbage. So there are two potential markets. Marketing and educating the customer will be the keys to success.

I have started three other businesses in the last twenty years and I've got the skill set to run a business and get a start-up off the ground. My background is in photography and film/video production. I'm well versed in Adobe CS Suite, Final Cut Pro and I've got the creative chops to make visually appealing shows. I'm sold on Proshow Producer--I haven't found any other software that comes close.

Currently, I'm producing video for marketing and training, which is cyclical and slowing down with the economy. I'm trying to figure out what to do next.

I'm curious to find anyone that is in a retail or office location that's currently doing this. If anyone has tried it and failed, I would like to hear about that, too. I know enough to be dangerous. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Return to Business Applications