IDEAS THREAD

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
thecompletist

IDEAS THREAD

Postby thecompletist » Tue May 16, 2006 5:07 pm

This is a good spot to share a show you may be working on and need a little brainstorming help from like minded individuals.

Here's my plea...

Calling all creative minds...

I am putting together a 60 second or so promo DVD for a Large Golf Tournament. The finished product
will be mass replicated as there will be 800 participants who receive this DVD in their "Gift Bag" as they
tee-Off!

The Target: Men with Money...the average foursome pays $5000-$10,000 to Golf at this Tourny

The Purpose: To advertise a Home Theatre Company that does custom installations and actually has a Mobile Showroom
that will come out to a prospects House or Office to show off capabilities. It's a converted cube van that seats 5, has a
50' Plasma and a 100' projectio n screen. The Mobile Showroom will be at the Tournament!

The IDEA So Far: Rather than show all Home theatre type pictures of our work for the Full minute....the idea was
to demonstrate how far equipment/technology has come thru the Golf Theme...then finish off the video with 4-5 shots
of of our Custom Work -

- DVD CASE: The front cover will have an old golf driver & an old 50's style TV with the Heading ( this is being done at a design firm)
" THAT WAS THEN" and on the back of the case would be "THIS IS NOW" with a new driver and a pic of Projection screen
- So I've downloaded a bunch of vintage golf pics, a driver, putter, bag - the the newer Driver, putter, bag etc...
- Show each vintage pic - fading into the NEWER version was one idea...
- Another was to use the side by side demonstration - left side old....right side fade in the new driver, bag etc..
- Then towards the end the 1950's style TV would appear with a caption above it... "Feeling outdated" ? or something..
then hit them with our own pictures of custom installs we've done recently.

The royalty free music I've selected is pretty upbeat.... I've received good feedback in general n these ideas but with only 2 days
to do this I wanted to ask this group for any HAIL MARY thoughts... I value your opinions & ideas...
I've seen and learned so much since joining this group

The one area I am blanking in a little bit is the captions/wording around showing old & new.... golf terms, home theatre terms etc..

I know it will come to me as I dive into the project tonight.

thanks in advance,

jeff

Postby Guest » Wed May 17, 2006 2:48 am

Hi Jeff,
Just wondering how your promo turned out. I thought I had read everything on this forum but some way I totally missed this one. So here it is May and I am finally seeing this. Anyway, thought it would be interesting to know how it turned out. Did you post it at Photodex for viewing?
SusanW

Esteemed Member

Postby SusanW » Wed May 17, 2006 2:53 am

Ooops...first of all I hadn't logged in, and then I thought the date on your post was January. Anyway, I think your idea sounds good and I would love to see your promo when you finish. I am also wondering how you burn your dvd so you know that it will work in all of those dvd players for 800 people. Are you burning once then having it duplicated or are you doing all 800?
I know nothing about golf so I would be no help with golf terms, etc.
Thanks
SusanW

Postby akandrews » Wed May 17, 2006 7:31 am

I've always thought that slides that fade from either b/w or sepia into the full color version have lots of POP so I would vote for that over the side by side.... but side by side may work better if you are actually using two different photos to emphasize THEN and NOW.

Anyway, sounds like an ambitious but great project and a fabulous marketing technique.

Hope you have a smooth ride.

thecompletist

Postby thecompletist » Fri May 19, 2006 4:41 pm

Showtime !

Well I found a way to Blend Golf & Home Theatre Together.
The client is pretty happy with this version but I still need to tweek a few things...
I believe I can polish it up a tad more... it's being handed in Tuesday Morning.
I need to spend some time on the MENU... I just rammed that one together
for the Company to view.

If there is any feedback to make this a better promo.... I am open to them.

It runs just under 2:00...
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7185&alb=0

Jeff

Postby akandrews » Fri May 19, 2006 6:25 pm

Just saw your show - seems like it is coming together nicely. One quick comment for now.... there is a place where it says "taylor made" about speakers..... is that intentional or do you mean "tailor made" ? Anyway, nice work.

Postby Guest » Fri May 19, 2006 8:45 pm

I guess I was thinking of Tayler Made as in the Golf Brand.... ? I believe I should use another phrase and don't want to use "Custom" again....?

thecompletist

Postby thecompletist » Sun May 21, 2006 4:37 am

thanks for the feedback everyone....Here is the newest versions in one show...a 4:3 & 16:9 with some tweaks

-new menu
-golfball moving after being hit by putter....on into next screen going towards hole
-took out "Taylor Made Speakers" -
- changed some fonts to add consistancy except where I thought it made sense to be another font

thanks again

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8051&alb=0

Jeff

Esteemed Member

Postby SusanW » Sun May 21, 2006 1:36 pm

I think this is great. Very professional, entertaining and informative.
SusanW

thecompletist

Postby thecompletist » Tue May 23, 2006 7:23 am

Thanks susan

Final with some tweaks, video on screen, floating golf ball & final menu

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 0358&alb=0

Jeff

Return to Business Applications