I want to hire you to make a smokin' promotional slideshow

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.

Postby KellyInAz » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:26 pm

Don't worry Steve, everyone has there own preference on how they do their work. I personally create my own shows for my own business, AND do work for a videographer. I don't get a single bit of credit for the work I do for the videographer, and he does make changes. I don't care, because I get the money. Some people will care, and will not do this type of work. You'll find someone to help. I personally have enough business to keep me busy through the summer!

Oh yea, and I do shows for my husband's wedding photography. I don't put my credits on that either. It's not a big deal for me. It might be for others.

Hunny B was trying to help you gain perspective on how others might feel. She really is a doll.

Welcome,
Kelly
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it."

Thomas Jefferson

Postby czali » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:50 am

Steve,

I would love to help you out. I do not know if you are on a time crunch but if you are open to waiting into May let me know. I applied my website below. I do not include a signature to my shows. I have made the decision not to that.

www.photosremembered.com

Colleen

Postby debngar » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:04 pm

Gosh Deb, that sounds really really hard. Like something one would hire a professional for, by posting to a forum. Which is just exactly what I decided to do after taking a two day course in PSP recently.

Hi again Steve,

Please forgive me for sounding harsh - it was not meant to be that way.

I was simply trying to explain what many, who have purchased Producer, have not always understood right away, that the templates are not necessarily a one size fit all. The user is often initially disappointed at first because there is more to it than putting their own images into pre-made templates and then hoping all will look as nice as they could from one show to another without additional tweeking, nudging, and so forth. Some basic working knowledge is necessary to make it all come together. Sounds like you might have gained that knowledge at your training session (hopefully). I mean that in all sincerity. Some people pick up on things faster than others and some have a real hard time with the simplest things without a lot of hand holding. I'm not saying this in any way to judge your ability since I cannot possibly do that accurately. :roll:

I understand you would like to have some help, etc.

I honestly hope you find someone that you are totally happy with and that fills your every need.

Best wishes to you and to your success in your photographic endeavors regardless of who you find to fill your request. :D

Debbie

One other thought as well....

Postby debngar » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:34 am

If whoever you select to create your demo uses a 3rd party video clip, image or template, in most cases I don't think it gives them the right or license to "sell" the source files to you for your pupose of modifying or reusing in other projects that you will be selling to your clients. That most likely includes the music as well even if it is royalty free. The solution to that would be to purchase those royalty free clips, images, templates and pieces of music yourself to use for that purpose from the companies or person that owns the copyright. :roll:

Debbie

dreamland

Postby dreamland » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:31 pm

Steve,

Thanks for the PM and the mail. For further discussion please use the given contact. :wink:

Thankfully: Gabriella

Re: I want to hire you to make a smokin' promotional slideshow

Postby yourtd » Wed May 28, 2008 7:51 pm

Hello Steve,

A little off topic, but then that's the challenge with forums. David Cook's version of Billie Jean was actually stolen/borrowed from Chris Cornell, one of the great voices in rock-n-roll (lead singer of Soundgarden and Audio Slave). Cornell did an awesome job redoing Jackson's original and Cook copied Cornell's version note for note for nuance for nuance and gesture for gesture, etc. Cornell saw it and had no comment one way or the other. You seemed to get a rough reception in the forums for some reason and I don't mean to dump on you but just wanted to give credit where credit is due.

Best of luck on your project.

johnson

jkarney

Re: I want to hire you to make a smokin' promotional slideshow

Postby jkarney » Thu May 29, 2008 3:43 am

As a wedding photographer who uses ProShow, I find a couple of currents running in this thread that are worth underscoring and commenting on:

ProShow is well worth learning and a promo is an excellent tool. I have two that are the main attraction in my bridal fair booths that play on large flat panel TVs.

It is also a really good tool for doing proofs,a nd I also give mp3 files to couples of the engagement session. The iPod sharing the clients do with Friends is great marketing. (There is a chapter on this in Mastering Digital Wedding Photography, and I also cover it in The Official Photodex Guide to ProShow

Now, about hiring someone to do a show and rights.

The person who makes the design has a property interest in the work, no question. The nature of that ownership, just as with a photo or book, depends on the nature of the agreement with a buyer.

If the job is "work for hire" then the ownership passes when the payment is made. Any credits displayed, etc are covered by the terms of work. Just as if a wedding client buys all rights to the pictures and you give them the image files. They can make prints, change it etc.

If the artist retains rights, or only gives limited rights, then the terms and payments are set by the agreement.

In short, a copyright is ownership, it can be kept, sold, traded, and given away--just like a physical item. The amount and terms are based on what the buyer and seller are willing to give and take.

Previous

Return to Business Applications