Pricing slideshows

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
Alice

Pricing slideshows

Postby Alice » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:45 am

I have approached a local tour director about doing a slideshow of tours that I would go on with her. Can anyone help me with the pricing? For example maybe a half hour show with a # of chapters. How much for the original and how much for copies?
Do you charge by the lenght of the shows or the # of pictures? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Alice

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:05 pm

Good question and but not one you're going to find an easy answer to. Mostly it will come down to what's your time worth and what's the customer willing to pay. I'm not in business with this stuff but some folks here are and to get you started I'd suggest you check out the content of the business applications section.
http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewforum.php?f=18

This topic will be better placed there because more folks will see it, especially since I suspect a majority of those doing this as a business are using PSP -- not you can't do it with Gold, just that if you're going to compete in the marketplace you may need the capabilities in PSP to compete. In any case, there are a fair number of threads there that discuss pricing your services and what people do.

Another way is to look at what other people who are in this as a business are charging. Look in the Member Websites section
http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewforum.php?f=7

Lastly, as you're reading the various posts, start noticing who is running a business like this then look the up in the member directory, they may have a website link in there which will show you what services they offer and what they charge.

Hope that will help you start gathering the info!
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to Business Applications