AN INTERESTING FIND - and a little advice please..... ;-)

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
Valued Member

AN INTERESTING FIND - and a little advice please..... ;-)

Postby Truly M » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:06 pm

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share something with you and ask some advice. For those of you in business using Producer, like myself, – you may find this interesting.
I stumbled across a company in Tulsa, Oklahoma called ‘emotion Media Inc’. www.emotionmedia.com
They offer ‘your photos to DVD’ service. The set up is very similar to any of us who already do this sort of thing using producer.
They also have an added feature named ‘proof organiser’ which as well as putting your made show onto the DVD it also gives you a second and even third option on the menu to look at the thumbnails of the show which are numbered and obviously for sale. The set up is very well done and extremely professional.
Take a look at their site – especially the demo of the proof organiser – it’s quite slow to load from here (UK) – but well worth the wait. Then take a look at some of their ready made templates they offer, which is on the menu as shows > designer shows > wedding > beginnings is a particularly nice one. Now for the questions.
1. Does anyone know what software they would have used to proof organise their images.
2. What software they use to actually make the slideshows (wasn’t too sure if it maybe Producer)
3. In the show named – beginnings – there are some beautiful gold scrolls floating around the image – it looks great – any ideas how??

Obviously we are all trying to better our shows, which is why we have this fabulous forum to share our ideas. I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I hope it makes sense.

Jen
x

Postby trulytango » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:57 am

Hi Jen

I checked out the site and I agree, it's really very interesting... and their service (pitched at high-end professional photographers/studios) is a neat idea for a niche market. If the Reviews page of the site is anything to go by, then they look pretty successful doing what they do!

The sample shows were all very nice... but I didn't see anything that was not achievable with Producer or even PSG? The gold scrolling looks like something done with a 3rd party prog such as Digital Juice or a ready made background slide... it reminded me of the effect HunnyB achieved in her following show a few months back:
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7174&alb=0

As for the proofing, maybe one of our own Photographers can point you in the direction of the program used? Or maybe it is software devised specifically by eMotion Media i.e 'in-house'?

Thanks for the link.

Iris
UK

Valued Member

Postby Truly M » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:58 am

Hi Iris,

thanks for the reply. i have had a look at HunnyB's show and will contact her to see how that effect was made. i am guessing its an avi file.
i was really impressed with eMotions site but i think you are right - the more i look at their shows i can see producer. i will continue with my search for the software for the proofing. hope you had a fantastic christmas and i hope you and anyone you love have a healthy wealthy 2008!!
Jen
x

XaiLo

Postby XaiLo » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:18 am

Take a look at SlideShowPro provide it may not all the functionality emotionmedia out the box but it's a step in that direction. I know that with some programming it's pretty capable I use it to allow my customers to preview their images online.

Valued Member

Postby Truly M » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:22 am

Thanks for the advice. I will check it out!!

Jen

Return to Business Applications