How do I go about this.....

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
chicoelnino

How do I go about this.....

Postby chicoelnino » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:03 am

I have Pro Gold 3.2, and recently I've been thinking about advertising myself as a person who can make slideshows for different occasions. I live in Ireland. I think that there's a possibility that there could be some handy cash to be made from making the odd show for some people....just as a hobby like.

What I'd like to know is how do I go about advertising myself for this? What/where could I look up about it. Has anyone been in this situation? How have ye gone about setting something like this up?

I would appreciate any advice on this topic,

Cheers.

Esteemed Member

Postby JC » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:08 am

First of all, be aware that there is nothing finite about any aspect of marketing..........or advice on how to do it!

Having said that, for a startup for a hobbyist, I would suggest finding one or two events that will have good attendance and do a freebe. Make the programs the absolute best you have ever produced. Then see what word of mouth does for you.

Judge the results and then decide if you want to expand your plan further. Don't forget to have plenty of business cards available.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:11 pm

Suggest you take a look at this section of the forum where Mike moved your post. There are quite a few ideas in the various threads. Fundamentally, you've got to get the word out and anything you do will help. Start by making business cards and passing them out to everyone. Making a simple web site will help if you can do it yourself so there's no cost. Look at your competitors and at where people here report finding business (e.g., schools) and target everyone you know associated with that market.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Stumpy

Postby Stumpy » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:03 pm

We (my better half and me) started doing the odd shows for our folks, that then progressed to other family members and from their started to spiral out to their friends. I'll point out that we don't really charge our family members as such, they just offer :)

We tried advertising locally but that never really took off.

I'd go with the word of mouth route...seemed to work for us.

Stuart

Return to Business Applications