Royalty Free Music Links

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
thecompletist

Royalty Free Music Links

Postby thecompletist » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:40 pm

A good thread for us all to share the sites with music for our shows.

www.freeplaymusic.com has over 1100 songs as of Mar 06

Jeff

Tiffiany

Awesome

Postby Tiffiany » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:39 pm

Thanks so much! :o

Esteemed Member

Postby Shaker » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:20 pm

The site and music there seem very good.

But is it free?

The reason I ask is that from the top of the website's Terms of Use, it appears to be free for

3. Personal Non-Commercial Use (Non-revenue generating or associated) Personal use does not include any broadcast use etc.

but at the bottom of the Terms of Use it says a fee is payable for

17. Non-Profit (most) use

I've put the query to the site and will let you know the outcome.
Shaker

Esteemed Member

Postby Shaker » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:50 pm

Good news!

I have received the following very clear reply from FreePlayMusic.

"Thank you for your e-mail inquiry received below. Use of Freeplay Music to show your personal photos to family and friends in a private home setting is considered "Personal - Non Revenue generating" and no licensing fee is required. If the use is to indirectly promote a skill or talent then a license would be needed."
Shaker

griffitg

Another alternative

Postby griffitg » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:31 am

You can purchase royalty-free music here: www.griffithmusic.com

Dotneck

Postby Dotneck » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:01 pm

I just bought some music from Digital Juice. Pretty good and not too expensive. Also IAMusic.com had some good libraries...

elliekennard

Postby elliekennard » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:37 am

I have used sounddogs.com and also shockwave-sound.com very successfully. These are not free, but as this is a business application forum, I'm sure we will be looking also for reasonably priced royalty-free music that we can use in a commercial application. The music I bought for a client's wedding show (he is a photographer and wants to market his skills using this show) was not expensive from sounddogs.com and excellent quality. The Shockwave-sound.com one I bought was for our own site introductory (non proshow) presentation, and they even tailored it to meet the timing of the presentation for me.

Cheers!

Ellie

Return to Business Applications