Marketing Your Business : 101

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
thecompletist

Marketing Your Business : 101

Postby thecompletist » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:37 pm

This will be a great thread for sharing ideas on marketing your business without breaking the bank so to speak.

Idea #1 - Get yourself a PROMO DVD

- Do up a 1-2 minute slideshow with some of your best photographs (or use some stock photos)
- Include some TEXT in this piece that clearly defines what you are capable of and or speacialize in
- Get this onto a DVD with 2-3 of your best shows from different applications.
- Do up a killer DVD Case! Company Logo on front, tagline, mission statement or "what we do" statement. On the back you can include ideas for Slideshows, Get them excited to watch the DVD, have contact info, www etc. included.

The Goal would be to have these DVD's on you at all times along with your business card. How often do we get into conversation with others regarding business or hobbies? When we least expect it.

The Goal of the DVD CASE is to make them want to VIEW your Work... once they view your work there should be a "call to action" at the end of your promo & each SAMPLE SHOW... call to action being PHONE NUMBER, WEBSITE ETC... I want them to call me for pricing... so I can get their email...which I can then send over a prcing sheet.. discuss on the phone etc.. versus having it plastered all over the DVD case (although it's your business.. you can do it)

The beauty of these promo dvd's are the pricing is right, your control how everthing looks and once someone has one of these who knows how many people might see it!

Remember this can be done right away without a website etc... Just have someone who doesn't know our business look at the DVD and ask them if the case makes them want to check out whats on the DVD

NOTE: Use FULL SIZE dvd cases. I've read that people are more likely to open and view a dvd that comes in a full case versus a CD Case or one of those business card cd/dvd frisbee things...

Any questions or things to add please do so.

Jeff

Postby KellyInAz » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:08 am

Marketing tip #2

Get involved in your local Chamber of Commerce. You'll make many business contacts, and some of them just may want your service!

stan_5150

Postby stan_5150 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:47 am

I've just started my own venture here in Minnesota, and as a baby-step what I've done in tape my business card onto the back of my Jewel cases. I originally was going to put them inside but my wife thought it would be a better idea to have it affixed to the case instead....it's more difficult to thow the entire case away!

thecompletist

Postby thecompletist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:25 pm

KellyInAz wrote:Marketing tip #2

Get involved in your local Chamber of Commerce. You'll make many business contacts, and some of them just may want your service!

Good call, I agree with this one

Gandalf001

Postby Gandalf001 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:53 pm

It may seem obvious but have one of your best photos or central themed one on the front of the case. I also have a good selection of included photos printed on the back face of the case in an overlapping "thrown down" casual fashion as a taster of whats on the DVD.
Pete

Postby KellyInAz » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:29 pm

Gandalf001 wrote:It may seem obvious but have one of your best photos or central themed one on the front of the case. I also have a good selection of included photos printed on the back face of the case in an overlapping "thrown down" casual fashion as a taster of whats on the DVD.
Pete

I've also added testimonials to my promo DVD cover with my contact info/website.

Return to Business Applications