website key words

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.

website key words

Postby debra roehn » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:58 pm

I set up a web site but I am not sure how to advertise it. Someone told me that you can pay to have key words generate people to your site. Can anyone tell me which companies like yahoo or google is the best place to have my web site with. Or if anyone else can tell me how to advertise. Word of mouth is ok but not generating enough business. I love making these videos and would love to get some more business. thanks to anyone that can provide me with some info......

Postby lewist » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:04 am

In my opinion, you’re not going to be happy with the slight increase business by purchasing Google’s, Yahoo’s MSN, etc. sponsor links or adwards, at least in the time frame desired. You’ll end in a deficit in just paying for the click though rates for web surfers, something that I can’t afford. I would concentrate on more local advertising. There have been many excellent suggestions by Dave (dnavarrojr). I’m not saying a web presents is not important, you need someplace to drive your traffic to, someplace to sell your services. The info below may help you get started with Search Engines.

What you are describing is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and you don’t need to pay anyone for this. Search Google for Search Engine Optimization tips. The major search engines use very secretive criteria for analyzing and ranking sites/pages. Some details are known, such as; Yahoo uses meta tags and Google uses text on pages as keywords, number and/or length of keywords and descriptions may adversely affect your ranking. SEO Sites that guarantee your site will be placed in the top of a search results page in 24 hrs are buying sponsor links and adwords for you.

To assist a little more, (I hope you don’t mind) a few thing to consider, please don’t take too critically. I looked at your home page and view the source. Unfortunately, did not see anything that would help placement. Search engines have bots scouring the web consistently looking for new and updated pages. This can take a very long time but you can help reduce the time by with search engine site submissions. I did not see a Google verify tag, or meta tag keywords, descriptions, title, etc. The text on the home page is fine for a person who knows that you specialize in DVD slideshows but search engines bots and algorithm may conclude you are selling DVD software or photos (word based frequency). Need to repeat what you do several times. You are selling “Snapshots to Remember (always repeat your site name), DVD Slideshows, DVD Photo Montages, DVD Memories, Converting Photos to DVDâ€

Return to Business Applications