Someone stole my website content!

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.

Someone stole my website content!

Postby KellyInAz » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:14 pm

Just a warning. Someone stole my website content. They even lifted my code! The stinker is from the same state I am too. How weird would it be to have looked at my site, then get his and read the same thing!!! What happened to originality? I have contacted him and he claims the page will be down in 24 hours.

So, for those of you with business sites out there. Check google and other search engines with your phrasing and key words and make sure no one stole your stuff too.

I'm going to email Gregg too to take my website info off of here in case someone decides to lurk and then copy it again. :roll:

Kelly

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:15 am

Kelly

I'm sorry to hear that someone could stoop so low, especially so close in location to you. I very much hope that the site does come down.

The google search was a very good idea. However taking reference to your site off this forum will not stop this in future. Afterall you need people to google and find your site, otherwise it is not worth advertising in this way. Once found anyone can copy the code.

Brian

Postby KellyInAz » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:35 am

briancbb wrote:Kelly

I'm sorry to hear that someone could stoop so low, especially so close in location to you. I very much hope that the site does come down.

The google search was a very good idea. However taking reference to your site off this forum will not stop this in future. Afterall you need people to google and find your site, otherwise it is not worth advertising in this way. Once found anyone can copy the code.

Brian

I know that taking reference to my site off of here won't stop it from happening again. I did get a suprising amount of traffic from my link on here though. I know it wasn't from regulars on this site going back over and over. So I thought I'd make them harder to get to my site. I'm just posting so others can check their sites as well.

The site is down. I think the guy was mortified that he got caught and he did apologize.

Return to Business Applications