New Website....

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.

New Website....

Postby nannybear » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:55 am

Ok, it is up and running. We have a few more things to tweak, couple of spelling errors on one page, and a please wait while loading on the shows. It was designed by our own Julia Wade and I can't thank her enough. Shows will be replaced as I get pictures for birthdays and weddings that I will have the rights to use but for now it's mostly family.

Comments are welcome but we probably won't change much at this stage, just wanted to share it. Have a great day! Cheers Jan

www.featherstonesolutions.com
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:43 am

I only have a quick second to look right now, but my first impression is that it looks nice, but the intro page should be narrowed up a bit and shortened in length to fit a screen of 1024 x 768 without scrollbars. There's a lot of empty space that can be eliminated to do this. No need to have scrollbars if there's nothing to look at by using them.

I'll look again later when I have some time to poke around.

Mike

Postby KellyInAz » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:48 am

Hi Jan,

Looks great! One thing though, on your samples the shows are not centered and a lot is getting cut off for me. It may be a browser issue. I use firefox. That would be a problem for you as a lot of people are using firefox now. Have your web designer check it out.

hugs to you!! Kelly

Postby KellyInAz » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:33 pm

Hi again,

I just had time to double check and it is a browser issue. Is there anything you web designer can do? I think it would be important for those using firefox.

Kelly

Postby nannybear » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:39 pm

Thanks sweetie, I have passed the information on, and also sent it out to the "friends and family " network to check out the same type of thing. So far everyone is ok.I have checked on my big tower and monitor, the laptop and my computer at work and don't have a problem....I am glad Julie knows what to look for, cause I sure don't. ! What did you think of my little great nephew? He is the one in the birthday theme. He dressed himself that day and told his mom he oughta be in pictures. lol he watches that clip over and over......thanks for watching!!!Have to get back to work, I have a business card to design for a client who needs it yesterday....ain't that the way.....hugs Jan
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite

Postby KellyInAz » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:31 pm

Jayden is adorable! How old is he? Maybe I can set him up with my daughter :lol:

Kelly

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby Brenda » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:21 pm

Hi Jan,

Congratulations on your new site - it looks good to me.

I don't know anything about designing sites but from the point of view of a 'user'I want to be able to
navigate easily & quickly between the links...and this you achieved.

Brenda

images-that-move

Postby images-that-move » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:45 am

Jan,

Nice site!! Did you do the programming? I like the look.... (nice transistions between screens)

Some suggestions:

Loop the opening show.... and if you don't you might want to leave an ending graphic or something in the middle of the frame instead of just going to black.... maybe even a way to replay....

When you move your mouse over the word "Enter" it might help folks to click on it if it changed (like the side buttons on your other screens). Just a visual clue that the word is an action.... (this might help those less computer savy)

On your pages with... the blue company name (even though not underlined) looks like a link ( I realize it isn't but might confuse some).

On the Slide Show page.... can you put a static image in the frame before the show starts? Also the text in the show is small and hard to read (with the size of the font and thinness of the text may make it hard to read -- at least for me--- but that is just the age of my eyes maybe)... You may also (as I mentioned on your opening show either loop it, put a final static picture / logo up... you might also consider allowing to click and replay in case someone misses something...)

On you shows have you thought of given a high-quality option?

You have a lot of information in your slideshows of what you provide or have... you may want to consider duplicating some of this information outside of the webshow for reference... this might allow folks to slowly consider all you have to offer.... if they miss it in the show they will have to replay the show to take a second look which means getting out of the page and returning....

On the Pricing Page, you might want to consider mentioning you are collecting through PayPal (and anyother options available).... it might be throw some folks if you take them to another site that does not have the look and feel of your site....

Jan overall a nice site.... you have a good creative eye!!!

Take care ( and keep up the good work)...

Postby nannybear » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:06 am

Thanks everyone!! I did not design it, it is our own " Feelin Froggy Julie" who did all the great work. I will be passing all the comments on to her. I think she did a great job, especially because I kept changing my mind on stuff! She is very patient.

I sent the link out to my own "family and friends" email list last night and already have 3 shows to do. One sports, one wedding and one 50th birthday! Thank goodness they are staggered and not all at once. At work so better run....cheers Jan

Esteemed Member

Postby gnj1207 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:16 am

Hi everyone! I am glad everyone liked the Jan's site. I have reviewed all the comments
made and will make adjustments as needed. When Jan contacted me about designing her
website, I had no idea how much fun I would end up having working with her. She is such
a great person.
Best of luck,
Julie

Got an eye for ProShow!
www.adigitalmakeover.net

Postby nannybear » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:18 am

Right back at ya Julie!!! It truly is wonderful how we all can meet and be friends without ever being in the same place! I want to win the million, retire and start travelling all over to meet everyone!!! :lol: Hugs Jan

Postby czali » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:02 pm

Jan,

Can you are someone explain to me how to upload flash to my website. I think I am going to be changing things around and it was sugeested that I add a flash video on the opening page. I am able to create the flash video and it also create the HTML. What do I upload to my site? When I upload the file it just is a white box (very small) with buffering shown but nothing happening. I can also upload HTML but they are two sperate things. Maybe it is b/c I am working with web.com and using thier web builder. Any thoughts?

Any help is very appreciated, Thanks,

Colleen

Postby nannybear » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:08 pm

Czali,
This is where you have to consult my web designer. I decided I would leave it up to the expert so I wouldn't tear my hair out! Contact Julie and my suggestion is to hire her to help you. She is amazing, takes away all the headaches and you get what you want!!!!

This would be the post above me: gnj1207 - better known as "A Digital Makeover" - Feeling Froggy Julie

Trust me you won't regret it.

Hugs Jan

ps. she is in Port Lucie Florida!

richsadams

Postby richsadams » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:07 pm

czali wrote:Jan,

Can you are someone explain to me how to upload flash to my website. I think I am going to be changing things around and it was sugeested that I add a flash video on the opening page. I am able to create the flash video and it also create the HTML. What do I upload to my site? When I upload the file it just is a white box (very small) with buffering shown but nothing happening. I can also upload HTML but they are two sperate things. Maybe it is b/c I am working with web.com and using thier web builder. Any thoughts?

Any help is very appreciated, Thanks,

Colleen

Hi There,

Did you get an easy answer to your question? I've created a flash file in every way I can think of, uploaded it multiple times too and suffer the same problem..."When I upload the file it just is a white box (very small) with buffering shown but nothing happening. "

I've created other Flash files and have them running just fine. But anything created in ProShow Producer, well, produces the same results.

Help...and thanks!

Postby czali » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:35 am

Still working on it. Trying to decide what to do. Spoke through email with Julie and she said that a lot of times you can have a MPEG file start up automatically. I do not think my web builder permits that though. Still up in the air. Will let you know.

Colleen

Next

Return to Business Applications