New Website....

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
Esteemed Member

great site

Postby shazmark » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:13 am

Hi Jan just looked at your site, WOW!!
think it is great
but what else would we expect from you
cheers
shaz

Postby nannybear » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:39 am

Thanks Shaz, Julie built it and I just provided the content.... :lol: Thanks Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby stickgirl » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:17 pm

Colleen

Hi There,

Did you get an easy answer to your question? I've created a flash file in every way I can think of, uploaded it multiple times too and suffer the same problem..."When I upload the file it just is a white box (very small) with buffering shown but nothing happening. "

I've created other Flash files and have them running just fine. But anything created in ProShow Producer, well, produces the same results.

Help...and thanks!

Did you upload the .swf and the .flv files?

Kathy

Postby czali » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:42 pm

Kathy,

Yes , I believe you must upload both and my webbuilder does not allow the .swf files. I am in the process of changing the website around anyway. I am told that you can upload mpeg files and have them auto start on the home page. I am now using http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/ to create the new site and this allows you the freedom to do as you please. Goodluck!

Colleen

billharden

uploading flash

Postby billharden » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:32 pm

How did you ladies resolve this problem? My host will accept swf files but not flv. When I upload the swf (the one created by PSP) file all I get is a very small intro logo that doesn't play. Please advise.
Thanks
Bill

Postby czali » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:43 pm

Bill,

It is so funny that you asked this b/c I was just about to shut down after working on this issue for too long today. I have been able to have a show auto start on my home page but it is a mpeg file. I do not know if I will go for the flash look anymore b/c it looks good now but I am undecided. I do not know from a little searching that you should have swf, flv, and html in same directory but ???. Maybe someone can give you a little more info that has been successful. Good Luck!

Colleen

billharden

Postby billharden » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:16 pm

Hi Colleen,
Thank you. This was my project for the day too. I'm determined to figure this out. I have real estate related slide shows that are not being seen because of the presenter plug in hassels. I need to post in a mode that will allow easier access to the slide shows. I intend to offer both formats (presenter + flash) on my Mini Listing Websites. Problem is, I can't figure out how to get the flash to work from my web host. I believe you are having a similar problem right? If so, when I find out how to do it, I'll let you know. If you find out first, PM me.
Thanks
Bill Harden

Honorary ProShow PHD

flash

Postby stickgirl » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:56 am

czali wrote: I do not know from a little searching that you should have swf, flv, and html in same directory but ???. Maybe someone can give you a little more info that has been successful. Good Luck!
Colleen

Colleen & Bill -

When I replied to this thread before, I hit submit before I had actually finished editing/typing, so it appeared as though I was asking for help too. I wasn't.

In order for flash to work, you must upload the swf and flv files to the same folder where the webpage is stored. The swf file fetches the flv file and then it plays.

As a suggestion, starting a new thread might get more responses. I believe this thread was for Nannybears new website.

Kathy

billharden

Postby billharden » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:14 am

Thanks Kathy,
That explains why, I can see my intro, but nothing else happens. It's like a great big party here, and Colleen and I just walk up in the middle of your conversation. If I don't resolve the problem based on what you have given me, I'll post on ODDs and Ends.

Thanks
Bill : :D

Previous

Return to Business Applications