DVD Multiple Duplication Services?

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
Cindy

DVD Multiple Duplication Services?

Postby Cindy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:44 pm

Hey Everyone-

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with having shows duplicated for them by an outside service. I am currently working on a show that may sell several hundred copies (keep your fingers crossed for me) and I just don't have the time or resources to do the duplication myself. I would appreciate any wisdom you might have.

Thanks,

Postby iromero » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:16 pm

I am currently using an outsourcing company for the first time also. I am creating a video for the 5th grade class of a local elementary school. I found several companies on the net that can provide this service. However, in my case, the last bit of content will be provided to me 2 days before i have to deliver 200+ copies of the dvd. I was able to find a local vendor that can turn this volume around within an hour or two at a resonable rate. If you are not pressed for time, some of the vendors found on the net, which typically will not be anywhere near your location, may work for you. Otherwise you will need to search locally.

Ivan

cfeather

Buy a duplicator

Postby cfeather » Tue May 08, 2007 5:20 am

We just bit the bullet and bought our own duplicator. With orders of 100 DVDs coming in the door at a time, we needed the ability to turn out 100 discs per day. I went with the ProDuplicator Pioneer unit, 4 drives with hard drive. All of the drives are write drives, the hard drive is a 250 gb. We can do about 16 DVDs per hour, at 4X. That's about as quickly as my Epson R220 can print the DVD labels. We also print our own inserts.

angioman63

Postby angioman63 » Tue May 08, 2007 5:44 am

http://www.cdmfg.com/

this is the company I use, They do duplication, silk screening of disks, cheaper than doing on your own.

Cindy

Postby Cindy » Fri May 11, 2007 5:53 am

Thanks for your help everyone! I am deep into working on this show and starting to panic a little. There are several hundred pics, countless quotes and it needs a real organized theme! I hope to be able to share it with you all soon.

Thanks again, Cindy

shoebox

Postby shoebox » Mon May 21, 2007 2:16 pm

cfeather wrote: Buy a duplicator We just bit the bullet and bought our own duplicator.

I agree, we are doing a project that calls for 300 disc. After looking at all our options, we bought a duplicator as well. 1 to 7 @ 18x Works very well has a 160gb HD. We got the whole thing shipped for about $540.00.

We also print our own entrapments and dvds directly to disc with "watershed" DVDs.

Postby Yanis » Tue May 22, 2007 5:54 am

Cindy wrote:Thanks for your help everyone! I am deep into working on this show and starting to panic a little. There are several hundred pics, countless quotes and it needs a real organized theme! I hope to be able to share it with you all soon.

Thanks again, Cindy

Greetings Cindy,

Off topic. Would you be interested in Digital Juice Editor's Toolkit 1? I ordered one and somehow they doubled my order. I just want to get rid of the extra one I have. It is brand new complete with the plastic wrapper. The best part is it's FREE!

Let me know. PM me if you are interested. Not sure where in Michigan you are but I work in Troy.

Peace,
Yanis :D

ben_d_hall

Postby ben_d_hall » Tue May 22, 2007 11:41 am

Yanis wrote:
Cindy wrote:Thanks for your help everyone! I am deep into working on this show and starting to panic a little. There are several hundred pics, countless quotes and it needs a real organized theme! I hope to be able to share it with you all soon.

Thanks again, Cindy

Greetings Cindy,

Off topic. Would you be interested in Digital Juice Editor's Toolkit 1? I ordered one and somehow they doubled my order. I just want to get rid of the extra one I have. It is brand new complete with the plastic wrapper. The best part is it's FREE!

Let me know. PM me if you are interested. Not sure where in Michigan you are but I work in Troy.

Peace,

Hey Yanis, If Digital Juice dosen't want it back then I'll take it for free :)
Benjamin :D

ben_d_hall

Postby ben_d_hall » Tue May 22, 2007 11:44 am

shoebox wrote:
cfeather wrote: Buy a duplicator We just bit the bullet and bought our own duplicator.

I agree, we are doing a project that calls for 300 disc. After looking at all our options, we bought a duplicator as well. 1 to 7 @ 18x Works very well has a 160gb HD. We got the whole thing shipped for about $540.00.

We also print our own entrapments and dvds directly to disc with "watershed" DVDs.

Hey Eli, What type of "entrapment" do you use to be able to print on your DVD's. I am looking at the archival Ink Epson printer, however, the only downside I see with it is that it will only print one DVD at a time and I'm not sure if that would be a problem if I was given a large amount to print like you are having to do...what options would you suggest as a printer that has high quality printing for a good price.... :lol:
Benjamin

Postby iromero » Wed May 30, 2007 3:02 am

I just used Advanced DVD Productions. www.dvds4me.com. I used them primarily because they were local (south florida) and could turn around 235 copies the same day. I finished compiling a show yesterday after the 5th grade end of school year party. I brought two master dvds to them. I went to dinner with my son for about 50 minutes, and when I came back, he had 235 copies waiting for me. This included printing of the dvd's as well. I did provid them the artwork about a week in advance. This allowed them to have all dvd's ready for duplication upon arrival of the master copies.

Ivan

Cindy

Postby Cindy » Wed May 30, 2007 3:15 am

Thanks Ivan! I'm so glad it turned out well for you. I will check them out. I am currently talking with a few companies who are willing to provide me with a sample in advance so I can keep a sneak peak before committing. I appreciate your help.

Best wishes,
Cindy

Postby Yanis » Wed May 30, 2007 12:22 pm

ben_d_hall wrote:
Yanis wrote:

Thanks again, Cindy

Greetings Cindy,

Peace,

Hey Yanis, If Digital Juice dosen't want it back then I'll take it for free :)
Benjamin :D

I'm sorry Benjamin. Cindy said she'd be able to use it. :)

Peace,

sumgrl19

Question about duplication services

Postby sumgrl19 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:52 pm

My question about using a third party dvd duplication service is:

Has anyone used this service when they have a copyrighted song used in the video? I currently have a show containing three songs and I need 65 copies....

I was just wondering if they would still do it...

-Jessica

Postby iromero » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:26 pm

The duplicating company may deny to do it unless you can show you have the permission to make the copies or their contract may specify that any licensing/copyright matters are the sole responsibility of the individual who is requesting the service. It may be case by case as you contact duplication companies.

Ivan

Postby Advantage DVD Productions » Fri May 09, 2008 9:59 am

Ivan...here's my new website:

http://www.dvdcopies.biz
When it Comes to DVD & CD Duplication or Replication...Get it from Us for Less Money & Faster! Free delivery to your door.

HTML: http://www.samedaydvd.com
Become a connection: http://www.Linkedin.com/in/samedaydvd

Return to Business Applications