australian proshow enthusiasts

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
Esteemed Member

Re: australian proshow enthusiasts

Postby shazmark » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:54 am

tnx neville
will pass on to my hubby
kindest regards
shaz

inyaface

Postby inyaface » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:44 pm

Hi Shazmark!

I'm in Kadina on the Yorke Peninsula, SA. I was recently made redundant from my cushy office job and have decided that I would rather earn a living doing slideshows than work in an office. My problem is, I am no photographer and finding clients is one of the hardest things. I don't have a web presence other than my sharing site at Photodex
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewalbum
I would like to concentrate on weddings and will begin to advertise in the wedding guide in the Sunday Mail soon because a lot of photographers supply digital images and copyright on cds these days. My aim is to be able to produce 2 shows per week and earn approx $600 for doing so. Am I dreaming????

I love this site, I have lost days in here, watching shows, learning so much and having fun doing so.

Regards
Chris

Esteemed Member

Postby shazmark » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:30 am

Hi Chris,
tnx for replying to my post, its nice to hear from some ausies in here, although i do love the international presence as well,
sorry to hear about your redundancy, I too would love to leave my mundane job at a bakery and my husband, his job at an abbatoir, to pursue my love of creating slideshows, and his love of photography, but unfortunately we live in a rural comunity, where we deal with average people with average incomes mostly, who dont want to fork out great deal of money for a slideshow, or photo restoration or retouch. But you may live in an affluent neighbourhood, and you may have more success than us, I know we could start a website which could make us succesfull but unfortunately again we are not earning enough to take that step yet.

We aim to build up our reputation with our photography and slideshows for a while for in our retirement, it will be something we will be able to enjoy together, and maybe earn a little extra money too.

No you are not dreaming.... if you love something enough you will do well at it, although I find it very hard to produce my shows while i work another job, dealing with deadlines, like just recently I had a memorial to complete in a matter of 3 days, and with christmas rush upon us i suffered with sleep deprivation, but I still loved doing it !!! My husband finishes work well before I do, and so we work as a team, while I am at work he is preparing the images for me to put in my shows. I am allso focusing on our restoration and retouching of photos, which my husband does, there allways seems to be work in that area.

Looking foward to posting on here with you
cheers
shaz

inyaface

Postby inyaface » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:16 pm

Hi Shaz
I live 150km from Adelaide, also a rural community, population in the area (including 2 nearby towns) approx 12,000. I want to focus on finding customers in Adelaide though for the same reasons. Around here, simple folk with not much money. I did love my fulltime job, was in the local scrap yard (great spot for photo oportunities) and out of a 38hr week I did about 5 hrs work, the rest of the time was mine to do as I pleased. I taught myself Producer in the 9 months I worked there.
I have no self doubts about making a living doing slideshows, I know it can be done. I just have to find the right place to find the right customers. I have hooked up with one local photographer, Kelly, she's young, my daughters age and just starting out but I've had some wedding shows from her already and she is selling them in her packages she offers.
Anyway, I do have work today, I am a hobbist photographer and I put my hand up to do the photography in Santa's Cave here in Kadina. Fun job but I think one of the little snot nosed brats has given me their cold. But the show must go on!!
Hope to keep in touch.
Chris

Esteemed Member

Postby shazmark » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:31 am

Hi Chris,
tnx for your reply
we will definately be in touch on here
cheers
shaz

Esteemed Member

Postby Alan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:05 pm

Hi Shaz
I live on the Central Coast NSW and work in Sydney. Best of luck with your endeavours.

Alan
Alan

Sydney, Australia

Previous

Return to Business Applications