Question for Photographers

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
Esteemed Member

Question for Photographers

Postby toad » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:49 am

I have been stalking this forum for a while and finally decided to "come out of the closet" I feel so fortunate to have stumbled upon this site. I have learned so much from all of you talented people. Thank you for sharing your creativity, ideas and tips and most of all for the support that this forum provides.

Having said that, my question is for photographers. I want to purchase a new camera but I do not know enough about them to know which one I need. I have children who are very involved in sports and I want somthing that will take great fast moving action shots. (My PowerShot does not quite work for this.) I am somewhat of Cannon fan mostly because I am familliar with it. I don't want to go into a huge amount of expense because I am very amatuer. However, I do want to capture great pictures of my kids. Any suggestions?

Re: Question for Photographers

Postby Yanis » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:28 am

toad wrote:I have been stalking this forum for a while and finally decided to "come out of the closet" I feel so fortunate to have stumbled upon this site. I have learned so much from all of you talented people. Thank you for sharing your creativity, ideas and tips and most of all for the support that this forum provides.

Having said that, my question is for photographers. I want to purchase a new camera but I do not know enough about them to know which one I need. I have children who are very involved in sports and I want somthing that will take great fast moving action shots. (My PowerShot does not quite work for this.) I am somewhat of Cannon fan mostly because I am familliar with it. I don't want to go into a huge amount of expense because I am very amatuer. However, I do want to capture great pictures of my kids. Any suggestions?

Hello toad,

I am new to this forum my self but am a member of http://photography-on-the.net/forum/ . If you are a Canon fan, I highly recommend visiting the forum I mentioned. I own a Canon 30D and my lenses are 70-200mm f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.8, 28-135mm IS and 18-55mm kit lens. I am very happy with my 30D. The 30D is a perfect camera for you fast moving shots. The camera is capable of shooting 5 fps (frames-per-second).

The forum I mentioned above has a bulk load of information is exclusive to Canon camera users.

I hope this helps. :)

Peace,
Yanis :D

Esteemed Member

Postby toad » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:43 am

Thank you, I will check it out.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:13 pm

Hi Pilar

Welcome to the most friendly forum on the net.

You may want to look at this site, it has a great Canon forum and also carries reviews (see cameras and reviews' in the main menu.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums

Brian

Esteemed Member

Postby JC » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:58 pm

The review site Brian recommended is excellent.

The new Canon 400 (XTi) is somewhat more economical than the 30D and even has a bigger sensor. Uses the same lenses and processor. Worth considering.

Jeff

PS: Also look at the main site www.dpreview.com

Return to Business Applications