Wal-Mart Table

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
parkernet03

Wal-Mart Table

Postby parkernet03 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:28 pm

Hello. Just wanted to run this by everyone.

My wife used to set up a table in our local Wal-Mart to print Personalized Children's books.

Every weekend, I see that the digital photo kiosks at Wal-Mart are backed up with people lining up to print their digital photos.

Looking for opinions to see if it might be worth setting up a table by the kiosks and handing out brochures and/or demo DVDs.

cfeather

Wal-Mart?

Postby cfeather » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:50 am

I didn't know they allowed people to promote their businesses on their property. In our town, they even outlawed bake sales by nonprofit groups in their lobby and Salvation Army kettles (they came back this year).

We have an annual lawn sale in our town square and I plan to pass out DVDs there. I did it last year with outstandingly disappointing results -- not one prospect.

AAW

Postby AAW » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:40 pm

Walmart has even made it a little more difficult for the Salvation Army. They have gotten complaints from ppl about being approached at the entrance by the SA and Walmart took action and limited their time there. Not sure how, but something I picked up from the local paper.

Anthony

Postby blkblts » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:53 pm

I did the personalized book at Walmart. Paid like 40.00 a day for two day. I would imagine that they made a deal with Walmart. I don't remember seeing any other Vendor like that set up. Good thought though... I would call walmart and see no harm in asking.

Return to Business Applications