Approaching Prospective Customers

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
lisco

Approaching Prospective Customers

Postby lisco » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:43 pm

This may have already been covered somewhere, but I couldn't find it. I have read many excellent posts about the business side of ProShow, and I too have only been doing this for just a little while for family and friends. I would like to know how the rest of you approach others about your business. I know that the hot topic is about demos. I want to know are there any special sales pitches that you guys and girls use and what they are? Do you have certain rituals approaching others? Do you just leave a card? Do you just leave a demo? What do you do and or say? Doesn't mean that I will use them, but I'm just curious as to how others think. The reason behind my post is because I am a very shy person and have a hard time breaking the ice. Don't know what or how to say it.

Your replies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Re: Approaching Prospective Customers

Postby marmart » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:57 am

lisco wrote:This may have already been covered somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Scott

Hi Scott - one of the discussions on this subject has 2 pages of replies and I've posted the link for you - it's a good start http://itsmygallery.com/ProShow/viewtopic.php?t=534

Peace,

Mary

lisco

Postby lisco » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:02 pm

Thank you for the info. I went to the link and read all that was there and most of it seemed to be about an automatic feed scanner and not so much on the business side of things. Maybe I wasn't exactly clear on my intentions. I would like to see comments about personal experiences from ppl in this business. For example. I went to so and so and spoke with so and so, the owner etc... To read about what happened next and reactions to the delivery/pitch. Things that are proven winners for others as well as proven duds. By reading these types of comments, I can see what the best deliveries are and what aren't. Maybe I use them maybe I don't, but I would have the benefit of choosing from the best there are in this business.

I hope this explanation is a little better than the first one I gave. I realize that it was pretty vague and I wasn't as clear as I thought I was.

All entries would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

Postby marmart » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:57 am

The best place to look is in this Business section - sometimes posts wander as someone asks a different question.

Have you done a search for starting a business??

Good Luck,

Mary

lisco

Postby lisco » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:36 pm

Thank You Mary

new customers

Postby dtpitts » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:59 am

Scott,

I too am shy and that is a concern of mine when it comes to growing the business. I am not one to just be able to go to a school, business, etc. and sell myself! Wish, I could... But what my thoughts are on that at this point is I have a web-site and am now working on making a brochure. I plan to send the brochures along with a DVD demo to area schools, funeral homes, wedding planners, etc.... Anybody that I think might have the use for my services. Having the web-site is strictly to be able to direct the potential customer to the site so they can see what we are all about. I am still in the stages of getting together a "business plan" and trying to go forward with my thoughts... I will keep you posted if I find one avenue works better than another. I know every area will be different depending on your town you live in.

My business from this point has been by word of mouth. Which is great, but would like it to grow, so I am trying to figure out how exactly to do that. I have put flyers out in mailboxes in my neighborhood (cheap to do) and have gotten two jobs from there. There was a post awhile back about "advertising Do's and Don'ts" I thought it was very helpful!! Go check that out as well.

Maybe you will get others to help you out, I will be watching myself!!
:)

Good luck,

Teresa
:)

lisco

Postby lisco » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:21 am

Teresa,

Thank you so much. You are most helpful. I am along the same lines right now and I hope you do keep me posted.

Again, thanks.

Scott

Return to Business Applications